Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tie rod adjusting nut

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Planning on replacing outer tie rods on my focus titanium daily commuter. While prepping the nuts and bolts with penetrating oil I noticed the adjusting nuts looked pretty boogered up. Can these be had at auto zones or NAPA? Ford had em for 22 bucks but won't see them until Wednesday was planning this work for tomorrow. Can obviously wait till next weekend if I can't get these. And will call around and ask tomorrow morning.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Planning on replacing outer tie rods on my focus titanium daily commuter. While prepping the nuts and bolts with penetrating oil I noticed the adjusting nuts looked pretty boogered up. Can these be had at auto zones or NAPA? Ford had em for 22 bucks but won't see them until Wednesday was planning this work for tomorrow. Can obviously wait till next weekend if I can't get these. And will call around and ask tomorrow morning.
They are just Jam nuts* can be had just about any parts store or hardware store.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #3
They are just Jam nuts* can be had just about any parts store or hardware store.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks, Fords hardware is getting ridiculous. Been buying a bunch of it between both cars. I screenshotted the size and will ask around tomorrow. Doing control arms too. Forgot to get new ball joint clamping bolts. Pain in the butt.

Sam4

Thanks, Fords hardware is getting ridiculous. Been buying a bunch of it between both cars. I screenshotted the size and will ask around tomorrow. Doing control arms too. Forgot to get new ball joint clamping bolts. Pain in the butt.
Don't forget to buy new stretch bolts for the control arms - the pinch bolt(s) doesn't matter.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #5
Don't forget to buy new stretch bolts for the control arms - the pinch bolt(s) doesn't matter.
Got all new stretch bolts. Unfortunately I couldnt break the main front bushing bolts loose. Two breaker bars destroyed and half a can of PB blaster treated last night and this morning. No dice. I settled on the AC and serpentine belts and the new tensioner pulley then buttoned it back up. Its going to my mech for an alignment and brake fluid flush friday. I'm gonna bite the bullet and pay him to do them. An entire morning gone and busted knees, knuckles, hips and back.....I know when to throw in the towel.

Sam4

Got all new stretch bolts. Unfortunately I couldnt break the main front bushing bolts loose. Two breaker bars destroyed and half a can of PB blaster treated last night and this morning. No dice. I settled on the AC and serpentine belts and the new tensioner pulley then buttoned it back up. Its going to my mech for an alignment and brake fluid flush friday. I'm gonna bite the bullet and pay him to do them. An entire morning gone and busted knees, knuckles, hips and back.....I know when to throw in the towel.
I too, crawled away from the control arms a beaten man. Harbor Freight made out alright though.