Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TIFU by not realizing I installed my OCC wrong

Spork1569

TIFU= today I fucked up for anyone who doesn't Reddit often.

Everyone can hopefully learn from my mistake. Went to empty my catch can after a few thousand miles only to find that there was no oil in the can, which was weird after about a thousand miles.

Come to find i reversed the hoses upon install, and this the reason no oil has been caught :/

For future generations just remember, check valve should be on the top port not the bottom one lol.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
TIFU= today I fucked up for anyone who doesn't Reddit often.

Everyone can hopefully learn from my mistake. Went to empty my catch can after a few thousand miles only to find that there was no oil in the can, which was weird after about a thousand miles.

Come to find i reversed the hoses upon install, and this the reason no oil has been caught :/

For future generations just remember, check valve should be on the top port not the bottom one lol.
So what happened then? Did it just flow "the oil" back through then?

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #3
So what happened then? Did it just flow "the oil" back through then?
No issues in the short time it was backwards luckily. It was probably just acting like a longer version of the stock PCV system

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #5
Gotcha. Glad you sorted it out! What brand do you use out of curiosity?
Had the damond before and running Mishimoto now. Both are great and do the job(when installed right) so all it boils down to really is where you want it mounted. Damond is behind the engine and Mishi is near the headlight.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Had the damond before and running Mishimoto now. Both are great and do the job(when installed right) so all it boils down to really is where you want it mounted. Damond is behind the engine and Mishi is near the headlight.
I've heard good things about Damond, but the place of installation is a little odd to me. The Mishi one looks like it's easier to access, but I've heard poor things about their products, particularly their OCC. I know they updated it, but do you think it really fixed the issues?

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #7
I've heard good things about Damond, but the place of installation is a little odd to me. The Mishi one looks like it's easier to access, but I've heard poor things about their products, particularly their OCC. I know they updated it, but do you think it really fixed the issues?
No issues so far but I would just make sure the one you're buying is the updated bracket.

I liked the damond because it is good quality but it makes things a little tight if you need to remove your crossover or coolant tank, and so you need to remove the whole can when doing something with those.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
No issues so far but I would just make sure the one you're buying is the updated bracket.

I liked the damond because it is good quality but it makes things a little tight if you need to remove your crossover or coolant tank, and so you need to remove the whole can when doing something with those.
Is the one currently on their website the new one without the issues?
https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-fiesta-st-baffled-oil-catch-can-2014.html

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #9