Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Time to start moding

hi all,
I've owned my FiST for a few years and love it, but the stock set up is starting to get a bit stale and I'm getting the modification itch in a big way. This is my first Ford and I'm looking for some common suspension mods. I'm planning on lowering the car on coils. Daily driver, no plans to track the car. Thanks!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Given the roads in our general area, I definitely would NOT 'slam' the car way down, especially if you plan on installing the low hanging front chassis braces considered so 'requisite' by most of the members on here.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine.

Years? How the hell did you make it that long? lol
My question to you is why do you want to lower your DD? Improved street cornering, just for looks, or __________?

Attachments

OP
J
Thread Starter #7
Welcome to the machine.

Years? How the hell did you make it that long? lol
My question to you is why do you want to lower your DD? Improved street cornering, just for looks, or __________?
Mostly looks, handling is an added bonus. really I'm just a glutton for punishment

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
make your car look better as a priority over handling? Hmm, making it rain on the FiST, lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Mostly looks, handling is an added bonus. really I'm just a glutton for punishment
If you're just after looks I wouldn't bother with coils and the increased maintenance especially living in Philly. Springs for looks. Add B6 or B8 if you want to improve handling. Unless you're dead set on coils, which for a DD in the Northeast sounds like some unnecessary work to me.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
If you're just after looks I wouldn't bother with coils and the increased maintenance especially living in Philly. Springs for looks. Add B6 or B8 if you want to improve handling. Unless you're dead set on coils, which for a DD in the Northeast sounds like some unnecessary work to me.
And the uneccessary cost... If you want low, just throw some springs on and call it done. But yeah, philly area roads are typical shite.

If it costs $1000 to make you love the look of your car more, it's your money/budget.

OP
J
Thread Starter #11
forgive me but, B6 or B8?

And the uneccessary cost... If you want low, just throw some springs on and call it done. But yeah, philly area roads are typical shite.

If it costs $1000 to make you love the look of your car more, it's your money/budget.

philly area is where I live around and you could not be more on point with that comment.. the roads suck which is why I’m hesitant on lowering but I’m the same way with the aesthetic. I wouldn’t mind if my car was maybe an inch lower. I’m going to keep the stock wheels.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
philly area is where I live around and you could not be more on point with that comment.. the roads suck which is why I’m hesitant on lowering but I’m the same way with the aesthetic. I wouldn’t mind if my car was maybe an inch lower. I’m going to keep the stock wheels.
Stock Fomoco Struts and shocks with Swift Type r springs give just that...about 1 inch and better compliance over bumps and uneven roads. FYI

Mikey456

I’m running the swift springs/ stock struts combo and it’s pretty stiff. Stiffer than OEM. If you size up to 215/40-17 it rides a little better. I will replace the stock struts with Bilsteins when they wear out. I prioritize handling performance of the linear spring. But if you want the lowered look and a better ride you might consider progressive rate springs.