Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Timing Belt Water Pump Kit

Just asking because I haven't found it anywhere online.

When folks are doing their timing belt and water pump are you getting a kit or buying the parts ad-hoc from Ford?

Searching around I found a Gates Kit for $190 but if I part it out straight from Ford it's $290. Obviously I'm leaning towards ford because I don't want shoddy parts doing this.

Curious what others have done/ran into.

Just finished mine. I used the Gates kit from Rock Auto. Gates makes good stuff. I was a little concerned about the waterpump but when it came in I thoroughly examined it and it was quality.

OP
jingo5
Thread Starter #6
Just finished mine. I used the Gates kit from Rock Auto. Gates makes good stuff. I was a little concerned about the waterpump but when it came in I thoroughly examined it and it was quality.
Been looking at the different Tool kits on amazon. Curious what you used if you went authentic or "knock off"

Been looking at the different Tool kits on amazon. Curious what you used if you went authentic or "knock off"
I actually bought two knock off sets. One had no brand the other was DPtools. The DP tools kit was much higher quality.

Yep, I made a seperate post here.
It was not an easy job. Electric ratchet, extensions, swivels and a good breaker bar are a must.

Any lessons learned, gotchas for the rest of us?
Also while it's apart I would walnut blast the intake valves. Mine were pretty crusty. I just used a shop vac and cheap blaster from Harbor freight. Didnt turn out perfect but a million times better.