Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

tires/wheels

so, I've looked for a while and haven't seen a definitive straight forward thread on solving this issue. i want smaller rims 15' or 16' id rather have 16' but im warming up to the 15s'. does one or the other have an order of magnitude difference in price/selection or tires? im exited about the prospect of getting super cheap name brand ultra high performance summers (extreme contacts, ps4s, etc.) what's the official replacement size for either to just maintain the overall wheel size as much as possible? i suppose i could go a little wider if they were cheaper. i looked around and couldn't see a huge difference in price but i definitely could in selection but don't have an official size to look for.

OP
T
Thread Starter #2
Is their a really good tire that can be had for a really good price depending on if I those 15” or 16”?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Is their a really good tire that can be had for a really good price depending on if I those 15” or 16”?
You will find multiple threads, but assembly is required.
'Good tire'...........That's kind of vague, so you will need to give your use: Daily w/no track, daily w/o occasional track, either of those with or w/o aggressive driving? Little or lots of long distance commuting`, etc.
After all I read on here, I chose the Indy's bc they were dirt cheap during the sale. I drive spiritedly......++++ and they are fine. And I'm on 205/50-16, so there's a lot of sidewall. What I lost on DD turn-in, handling, yada....so what. I'm tired of researching something for hours and hours, only to realize that it wasn't that important, for ME... If you are tracking your car, that is a whole other story.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
We kinda gave you all this info back in the All season performance tire thread no?
I will break it down simply 15’s will be less expensive and you can run much wider sizes but you will experience a good amount of turn in loss and have to do suspensions tweaks to gain it back and never get to how stock was. The trade off will be more contact patch and higher grip which can mean higher speeds though turn in will not be the same.
16’s are the great balancing act in my opinion as you can get close to if not the kinda of turn in the car has stock while having a wider contact patch and more grip. Not as many sizes or tires but whats out there is good. I would not put Indy 500’s on my car or be caught dead with them.
I feel they are a downgrade from stock and why would I downgrade from stock performance levels the whole point is to gain more not get less. Yes you can get better ride comfort on better tires than Indy 500’s you do not have to sacrifice performance for comfort with a 16 inch 45 series tire. I am a big fan of both Falkens RT660’s some like the older 615’s too and Dunlop Derizza‘s . If Hankooks made a RS4 in sizes for our cars I would be looking at them too. I believe you can get a set of DW extremes as well though I am a long time non fan of Continentals if you don’t mind a bit of noise but again better than Indy 500 performance the cheap one of the is Federals which I currently have a set of RS Pro’s in 205/45 16‘s on my car. Pretty sticky fun tires a bit noisy though but not as bad as previous generation RSRR’s. Not as stick as 660’s but 660’s are one of the stickier tires made in sizes for our cars. The other ones would be BFG rival S 1.5 and Sport comps. Some people like them . The pinnacle was the Bridgestone RE71 but like the factory tires does not last long but boy were the sticky.