Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tj Hunt reviews a BT FiST

He reviewed my car a couple of weeks ago and put the video up today. Anyways, here's the link:

[video=youtube;7qqu0jBu9kQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qqu0jBu9kQ[/video]

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Awesome Dave! Sounds like he was a little intimidated by the FiST and didn't want to admit it's better than his brz ;)

Cool video though, more people need to recognize this car for the amazing machine it is

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Looks like he's having a lot of fun.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
The comments pretty much say it all. Even his subs say he doesn't know much about performance reviews. I watch his videos too but doesn't seem like he talked much about the performance aspects, maybe I'm just looking at it wrong.

And the comment section is hilarious. How many people saying they'd choose a BRZ/FRS over the ST is just laughable. If they got behind the wheel of both back to back I'd put money that a good many of them would choose the ST.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #6
Thanks guys!

The comments pretty much say it all. Even his subs say he doesn't know much about performance reviews. I watch his videos too but doesn't seem like he talked much about the performance aspects, maybe I'm just looking at it wrong.

And the comment section is hilarious. How many people saying they'd choose a BRZ/FRS over the ST is just laughable. If they got behind the wheel of both back to back I'd put money that a good many of them would choose the ST.
I think this is just the way he has built his brand. He's a really nice guy and seems like a genuine gear head off camera. I know he's become extremely busy over the last few months, his channel has grown 500% in like 6 months. Out of the youtube car guys, he definitely gives the least amount of info about the cars he's reviewing. I personally think he's found a niche and it's obviously working. I fully agree with you that the FiST is much better than the BRZ/FRS though.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thanks guys!

I think this is just the way he has built his brand. He's a really nice guy and seems like a genuine gear head off camera. I know he's become extremely busy over the last few months, his channel has grown 500% in like 6 months. Out of the youtube car guys, he definitely gives the least amount of info about the cars he's reviewing. I personally think he's found a niche and it's obviously working. I fully agree with you that the FiST is much better than the BRZ/FRS though.
Oh I'm definitely not knocking his hustle; I'm not like that. And I'm sure he's busy as hell, and I think he's doing a great job, with his own build and doing his reviews. I just find the comments hilarious, but like you said, that's just how he built his brand. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #8
Oh I'm definitely not knocking his hustle; I'm not like that. And I'm sure he's busy as hell, and I think he's doing a great job, with his own build and doing his reviews. I just find the comments hilarious, but like you said, that's just how he built his brand. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
I didn't know what to expect before meeting him, all I knew about him was what I've seen in his reviews. We talked for a good 20 min about cars, modding, driving etc. I was kind of surprised about how much knowledge he had/has.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I didn't know what to expect before meeting him, all I knew about him was what I've seen in his reviews. We talked for a good 20 min about cars, modding, driving etc. I was kind of surprised about how much knowledge he had/has.
That's good to know. I just wish he'd maybe put some of that in his videos. His videos are great and entertaining, not hating, just saying. I understand it's hard though in a 10 minute YouTube video to put everything you'd like into them. I know I wouldn't know where to start with that. Haha.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
thanks for posting...sounds like a fair review...WG / BOV sound comments were amusing...very nice...

I think just the smile on his face when he got on the throttle says it all. However, when he said he likes when the waste gate goes off and the car sounds like it's sneezing, to me a BOV is more of a sneeze. Haha. So I don't know if he had them flip flopped. My verdict is an OK review of a very well done FiST.

This is the only review of his that I've seen...pretty lacking IMO. Guy doesn't seem to know what he's talking about, but at least the car is bad ass.

And I've driven numerous BRZ/FRSs and really wanted to love them. I was ready to buy one, cash in hand, but couldn't get over how ridiculously boring the powerband is. When I found out that FI is the only option to make it liveable, I decided to stick with my S2K as an impractical 2 door and get something else for daily use. The fact that the ST is as exciting as it is, is a huge bonus. I wouldn't trade it for anything in its price range.