Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TMPS issue

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
After doing the sensor training procedure the low air light comes back on when driving. I know im doing it right because i get the honk after the second set of 5x on off on brake start button presses. And get the honk after each wheel trained with remote tool going clock wise starting with left front. Tried this 3x and the light keeps coming back on.

I have 15x6" steel wheels with 185/60/15 Michelin x-ice psi set to 35front 33rear.
Anyone know what could be the problem?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
What is the threshold of pressure that the stock tpms will trigger a light. I know with mine, the light will come on when the pressure gets in the mid to low 30s in psi. It happened recently when the outside temp got colder. I just had to add air to the tires. You may want to add a little pressure to see if the light goes away.

You have the front pressures set too low. The spec is 39f / 36r and the limit is ~10%. You can get by with setting the fronts at 36 and rears at 33 cold at the lowest ambient temp anticipated.

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Gonna try stock psi tomorrow thanks guys.

mine comes and goes lol some days its on and somedays its off. When commuting there's always this certain spot a long the highway that if its not on, it will suddenly just turn on, happens everytime lol

went into ford to complain about mine being on sometimes and other times not and the excuse I got was "unfortunately they weren't made very good so its a common complaint and problem, nothing to worry about" lol

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Not even gonna bother with tmps on my next set of wheels. Just wish in can remove the dash light.