Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tonight Installed a VIBRA-TECHNICS MotorMount

Removing the old motor mount took all but 5 minutes first time doing a mod that something comes off that easy. So I went with the Vibra-Technics over the Cobb or the like based off of talking with Ron @whoosh. I wanted something that would stop the wheel hop but I didn't want the NVH that others I have talked to have with theirs. Ron was 100% on target sitting at a light I feel nothing, taking off in first gear just a very slight vibration for 1ms and than drives like stock. Shifting gears under load it feels like I have a new shifter or something everything just feels more solid. So I can't compare this to others but Ron has one installed on one of his cars so he can back up what I am saying. I give this mod a big thumbs up. Next on the list will be crossover pipe, Intercooler and Accessport :)

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I switched out my CP-E RMM (to the Vibra-Technics), which was on the car from way back about a week into ownership from taking an ordered delivery new.

At first, it seemed to be yes, an improvement in NVH over the CP-E, but not radical enough of one to justify the cost/bother, but, given about 2 weeks of driving, and 'breaking in', it is almost impossible to tell there is an aftermarket RMM installed, from a NVH perspective.

Sitting in the supermarket parking lot today with the engine running, I had to look at the dash, and the tach to even be able to tell the engine was still on, and my exhaust is a bit louder than factory, even at idle!

YES, the other two Vibra-Technics mounts are in this car's future. [wink] [driving]

pixelzombie

Removing the old motor mount took all but 5 minutes first time doing a mod that something comes off that easy. So I went with the Vibra-Technics over the Cobb or the like based off of talking with Ron @whoosh. I wanted something that would stop the wheel hop but I didn't want the NVH that others I have talked to have with theirs. Ron was 100% on target sitting at a light I feel nothing, taking off in first gear just a very slight vibration for 1ms and than drives like stock. Shifting gears under load it feels like I have a new shifter or something everything just feels more solid. So I can't compare this to others but Ron has one installed on one of his cars so he can back up what I am saying. I give this mod a big thumbs up. Next on the list will be crossover pipe, Intercooler and Accessport :)
So I take it the one you got is softer than this model: https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...014-2019-fiesta-st-rear-motor-mount-pre-order

OP
vmaxbaby
Thread Starter #6
Yes it is more forgiven then that one according to Ron. I have nothing to compare it to but what others have told me when I would PM them about RMM from Cobb or the like. The guys that I PM about the Vibra-Tec all told me the samething so I figured from the ones I messaged and asked the exact same question their answer was always the same. Than I called Ron to confirm and he told me the exact same thing the other members said so I knew I wasn't going wrong with it. It does cost a little more but well worth it. I have been in cars before that would shake at idle, taking off, etc. and I didn't care for it at all maybe I am just getting old LOL so I knew I didn't want that and I don't race the car at a drag strip have another car for that so I wanted this to be as close to factory as possible but if I stood on the loud pedal at a light I didn't want to be hopping around on the road like it did factory. So far so good on both fronts :)

OP
vmaxbaby
Thread Starter #7
I wanted to add one thing to this post and it is something that everyone already knows I am sure or at least most of you do. But with that said I want to say the customer service I receive from Ron. I am new to the fiesta world but not to modding stuff. I have spent so much money on my current mustang and motorcycles along with my previous 8 mustangs, and 4x4 trucks I have owned in my lifetime so you can imagine I have spoke to hundreds of vendors for advise, or buying parts. I have only purchased 3 things so far from him and the experience has been perfect. I have called him about 4 times just to ask questions and he never has acted annoyed that I am calling, I have had questions and emailed him at night and I get an answer when I know he must be off work (which I don't expect) but he has and it makes me feel good to know I have someone that is there for me when I might have an issue. I don't know if his shop is the cheapest place for parts (although everything I have bought has been priced great) but with his customer service I don't care because when it all boils down to it parts are parts but having someone that is there for you is worth its weight in gold. Thank you Ron for being more than just someone trying to sell parts, thank you for taking care of us car enthusiasts with your support and looking out for us!!!!

Since I am a newbie here I don't have much I bring to the table as far as mods on my fiesta but if you look at my website for my current fast toys you will see I love to replace perfectly good parts with better parts..LOL

Website Below:
http://www.flairphoto2.com

Last edited: