Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tour D'Orange 2020 New Year's Day

The Tour D'Orange is back for it's...who knows how many years in a row...a dozen? 15? Lost count. Never the less, I am attending for the 7th year in a row now. My 5th with the FiST. Anyone wanting to attend the meet/show/drive is more than welcome. If anyone wants to meet up and drive in as a group, I would be more than happy to meet up. I usually drive to Chino Hills to meet up with my Uncle (Saleen) and my cousin (FiST) and drive down, but I can alter those plans and meet with others in a central location to go down to the staging area. It was originally right next to the John Wayne Airport. A couple blocks to the North West. It moved to a large strip mall parking lot for '16-'18, but in '19 it moved back to the airport location. Not sure which it is this year. They only post the staging area location about 48 hours prior to the meet on their Facebook page. People start arriving 'bout 7am, some earlier. The drive starts around 9ish and ends at the same place it does every year. There is an In-N-Out and a Red Robin at the finish. Here is a drone video of the meet up staging area from NYD 2015, the first with my '14 FiST. There were a few of the forum members in attendance. We roll into the overhead shot at approx. 2:50. Only about 1/3 to 1/2 of the total cars in attendance had arrived at that point.

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #5
Whomever would like to meet up, let me know as soon as possible, so I can determine a central meet up point to drive in as a group. Don't know where the staging area is until the day before, but it can really only be one of two places.

I can assume that it's myself and dudhunter right now.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I might be in. I would be coming from Chino Hills as well. What time are you and your uncle meeting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #7
I might be in. I would be coming from Chino Hills as well. What time are you and your uncle meeting?
Normally, I would be leaving his place 'round 6am. We end up meeting some of his car club members at a Starbucks off Green River exit on the 91, then leave there by 630am. We usually end up getting to the staging area around 730am. Here's the big BUT: If there are a few people from the LA area wanting to meet up from this forum, I would not go to Chino Hills. I would pick a central location for all of us on the way to the staging area to meet there. If you want to meet me in Chino Hills and go to the central meeting area for the forum from there, that's fine.

I'm down for a bit of a pre-meet. I live in East LA county, La Mirada to be specific. Dunno how that plays into your meet location idea

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Just got called in to work for a emergency project all this week. I guess I’m out :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #10
Just got called in to work for a emergency project all this week. I guess I’m out :(
Even New Year's Day? Say "Hi" to your boss, Scrooge McDuck for me.

I'm down for a bit of a pre-meet. I live in East LA county, La Mirada to be specific. Dunno how that plays into your meet location idea
I don't have a meet location in mind. I need to find out where people are coming from first, then decide on a location. So far it's Rancho Cuc. (me), Chino hills is out, and you in ELA.

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #11
The meet up point, assuming the staging area is in the same place as last year, will be in Tustin, just north of the Airport. Haven't picked a location yet. Guessing a Starbucks or doughnut joint.

Address announced on FB page, same location as last year. I'm also trying to see if there are any owners in other FB groups that are doing a pre-meet, and if they get more people to come out, I'll probably go with them tbh

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #14
Anyone attending is going to have to turn up Briggs or Kalmus. You won't be able to drive up Fischer from Red Hill. It will be blocked off and essentially turned into a one way street going toward Red Hill. They will have food trucks on location. DudHunter, and anyone else, if you still want to meet up, great. I'll meet you somewhere, but if you want to meet at the location, I will park in a side lot on Fischer on the North side of the street (left side and you drive down the street). Staging starts at 630am, which is a 1/2 hour earlier than last year. I will want to get there around 7 am-ish. The time states 630 - 930am. The drive will start just after 9am. Written maps/directions will be handed out about 15 minutes prior to the drive set off time (about 845-9am). It's approx. a 70 mile route. It finishes at an outdoor mall on the Northern corner of Jamboree and Barranca in Tustin, just north of Irvine. We usually arrive there around 10:30-10:45am. Red Robin opens at 11am. Chick-fil-A, In-n-out, and I think a Five Guys is a block away in the same mall, are there too. The wife and I always go to Red Robin (tradition).