Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TPMS Reset After Tire Rotation- Do You Guys Do It?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
This somewhat involved procedure is outlined in the 2016 ST Supplemental Owner's Manual for post-tire rotation TPMS reset for cars like ours with different recommended pressures front and rear. It requires driving the car a little, stopping near an air source, going into a programming mode, letting some air out of each tire in the correct sequence until the horn sounds, then pumping the tires back up to the correct pressure.

I haven't had a car before with TPMS and different front/rear pressures, and this looks like a pain but a necessary one, because it says this lets the system learn the new value for each tire. I was just wondering if most folks actually do this after a rotation or if some of the dealers do it for you?

koozy

3000 Post Club
I've rotated front to back vice a versa without having to recalibrate the TPMS sensors. I have another set of wheels and my own calibration tool if I have to recalibrate. It's ~40 for the tool if you want your own.

Siestarider

I leave mine set for track wheels as to not want marshals complaining about dash light. Don't bother resetting for street wheels, just keep them at proper pressure and live with the tire warning lights intermittently for short periods of time. The lights come and go, no idea why they are not more consistent. If I take a long road trip on street, I reset them just for the peace of mind.

Waterfan

No

(I don't understand how this could possibly cause a problem)