Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TPMS sensors not detected + other weird stuff

2017 with 20k miles
Recently while driving home on the freeway the TPMS sensors not detected warning came on. I cleared the message and the next day the light went out but came on about 50 miles later. The next morning I cleared the message again and the light went off for awhile but came back after about 20 miles. Now for the last two weeks the light has never turned off. I've unplugged all my extra electronics (radar det., phone hooked to the cars usb port, and access port) so I don't believe it to be EMI. I've tried to scan the TPMS sensors with two scanners (no horn honk when in learning mode) and Discount Tire also tried, and the sensors don't show up on their scanner.
The other weird things that have recently started are when I open the door to get in, it dings like the lights were left on, also happens when you open the hatch but like one ding. I've also recently noticed that my phone no longer charges well (charging slowly). I haven't had this issue until recently (also tried a different charging cable) also the only place I have an issue charging the phone.
I'm thinking the BCM is at fault, but unsure and wondering if anyone may have some input. I try to avoid the dealer at all cost. Thinking about buying a scan tool with BCM capabilities, but I just saw something about ForeScan (which I know nothing about) possibly reading the BCM.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Yeah try ForScan and see what comes up. A few threads on here about it. Powerful tool for sure and cheap too.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I don't know about your electrical issues, but on our 2019 this year we had two of the factory TPMS sensors die. I have a feeling they weren't very new when they went onto the car.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I would check your battery, and if you're on the original one I would consider getting a new one even if it checks out okay. People report all sorts of weird things happening when the battery gets weak that don't logically seem to have anything to do with the battery.
I replaced mine at 4 years just to try to head off any possible problems.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I too have had a problem recently. If I do a freeway run, the warning light comes on. I get to my destination and check the pressures and they're all correct. Now, if I drive the light doesn't even come on. Going in for my 100,000 mile service soon so they can check it then. New tpms were fitted when I put my last set of tyres on.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I too have had a problem recently. If I do a freeway run, the warning light comes on. I get to my destination and check the pressures and they're all correct. Now, if I drive the light doesn't even come on. Going in for my 100,000 mile service soon so they can check it then. New tpms were fitted when I put my last set of tyres on.
What TPMs were fitted? Fomoco ones seems to be the best to use if needing to be replaced*

haste

1000 Post Club
Still using my OEM sensors that are over 7 years old. I have two sets of wheels I swap once or twice a year and they ding in every time...all luck of the draw, I guess.

haste

1000 Post Club
I found a set on Ebay a few years ago with the OEM part #s for half the price. Definitely worth a look.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Today, driving around LA and on the 5, NO light came on! Will get the RockAuto ones if the mechanic who does my 100,000 service states I need them. If there's a problem, he will solve it!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Today, driving around LA and on the 5, NO light came on! Will get the RockAuto ones if the mechanic who does my 100,000 service states I need them. If there's a problem, he will solve it!
And* Check out the hook while my Dj revolves it!