Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TQ Specs for Mountune 4 pt Brace Install

As topic states. Picked up a used brace and I have the instructions but I don't think the specs are on there? Anybody know what the factory spec is for those bolts? I need to buy a decent manual for this thing before I get much further down the road...

OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #2
20190803_111929.jpg

Really Mountune you cant be bothered to put the spec in there? Tell me to look in my service manual, you know because we all have those.

I just tightened them down hard with a small breaker bar by hand. The factory bolts didnt seem to be in there too crazy tight. Still nice to be able to do it right instead of guessing.

Bar seems noticeable, whole front end is stiffened up for sure. Kinda feels like the whole front suspensiion is maybe 10% former overall. Worth it used probably not at the new price for me. Its quality piece. I wanted the lower profile of this one compared to most similar products out there.

Do you have any pictures with it installed? I was interested in it vs. the others because it is low profile.

OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #4
Do you have any pictures with it installed? I was interested in it vs. the others because it is low profile.
I didn't take any under car pics, but It goes on under the two OEM little diagonal braces, and is recessed upward. I would be surprised if it takes away an inch of ground clearence. I will get some under car pics tomorrow. Ultra low profile would be a good description.

OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #5
20190803_113555.jpg

From the instructions give you an idea if what's going on here.

4 bolts R&R. Painless 10 minute install.

As topic states. Picked up a used brace and I have the instructions but I don't think the specs are on there? Anybody know what the factory spec is for those bolts? I need to buy a decent manual for this thing before I get much further down the road...
I stepped up on my factory installed bolts. It felt that 25 ft/lbs was the number. I got no movement at 20 ft/lbs, and a little creep on the bolt at 30 ft/lbs. I torqued my brace at 30 ft/lbs.

OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the tip. Next time I am under there I will check mine at 30. They didn't seem too tight so I tried not to over do it. Been a a few thousand miles now and all good so I should be fine.