Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Track Day Numbers, Post up yours!

I am shopping around for some reusable track day numbers and am having a hard time deciding to go with magnetic or reusable vinyl. Currently, leaning towards magnetic oval for durability reasons but am a little concerned with the magnet lifting. Vinyl on the other hand seems to be more secure but not sure how they would hold up over multiple uses.

Please chime in with your experience with either one and post up pictures if you have them! Thanks!

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I use individual magnetic numbers. I am sure to clean them off with dawn soap and water every couple of uses and have not had any issues. If you store them flat, they won't lose their flat shape.

I use adhesive plastic papers which is very easy to pull away. I draw my number in the back of those papers, then I cut and place them in another plastic adhesive paper (generally I use blue, green acquamarine and white), then I place it on the car.
My track day number is….65! [wiggle].

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I use magnetics that I made up myself.
Some changes have been done to the car since this photo was taken.
You may also noteus that the car is parked and the building is going by very fast.

Dave

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I have TrackDecals magnets and they fly off over 100mph unless I tape them on. All three sets fly off. I’m switching to vinyl from SpinnyWhoosh (the all black meatball pic).

OP
K
Thread Starter #8
I have TrackDecals magnets and they fly off over 100mph unless I tape them on. All three sets fly off. I’m switching to vinyl from SpinnyWhoosh (the all black meatball pic).

That's exactly what I was afraid off, them lifting off at high speeds and either falling off completely or just scratching the paint. Those are some of the best looking vinyl numbers I have seen, too bad they are single use application only!

I had reusable vinyl numbers, and after 3 or 4 removals the corners were coming up on the vinyl and I was having to tape the edges. So I switched to magnets.

I have had a magnet fly off at speed, so now I use electrical tape on just the leading edge and that's been secure. Regular cleaning and storing them flat (I have mine on the fridge) keeps them looking good fora long time.