Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Track day Setup Help

I am looking for some help to find the perfect tire for my Fiesta. I have a set of RPF1s 16x7 that are going to be only designated for track/auto cross use. The plan is to swap from the daily to track setup at the track and not really drive the track setup on the street. What tire and tire size do you guys recommend?
Thank you

The answers are in other threads. Just search and you are bound to find suggestions.

the duke

Grab the cheapest performance tires you can get. You’re not likely a good enough driver for a stickier tire to be worthwhile.

haste

1000 Post Club
I was VERY happy with the set of Dunlop Direzza ZIIs I bought for my full weekend at VIR. I see they have a ZIII version now. I purchased the 215/40/17 size though. Not sure what they have available in the 16" size.

kevinatfms

205/45R16 for a 7" wheel. You could get away with a 215/45R16 if you wanted a little taller/wider of a tire for gearing purposes. Tread width does not really increase much between the 205 and 215 variants from my exhaustive search for grip. The section width usually increases about an inch but the tread width stays constant between 7.2" and 7.7" in the 205/215 sizes.

Check manufacturers information and tire rack to see the section width, tread width and recommended rim width. All manufacturers have differing sizes when it comes to what size is listed.

I just bought a dedicated track setup and went with the 205/45/16 Toyo Proxes R888Rs. They were $520 for the set on Ebay. We ran them hard for a couple hours and they performed very well. I have no complaints.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk