Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Track Phone Mount

What are you guys using for phone mounts on track? I don't have a phone mount I use at all, I put my phone upside down in the little cubby just ahead of the cupholders next to the power outlet, or I will just put it inside my glovebox. But I'd like a mount that will stay in place that's preferably not windshield mounted so I can monitor my laptimes using HotLap.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got the pack of 2 mounts that attach to the windshield from COSCO for about $39. Has not come loose since I attached over 2 months ago for my Samsung j7 phone.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
What are you guys using for phone mounts on track? I don't have a phone mount I use at all, I put my phone upside down in the little cubby just ahead of the cupholders next to the power outlet, or I will just put it inside my glovebox. But I'd like a mount that will stay in place that's preferably not windshield mounted so I can monitor my laptimes using HotLap.

get the Razzter( made by one of our own members) a pillar mount for the ap and attach a either a phone clamp or a scosche magnet to it. I do that with the Scosche Magnet mount.

OP
DaleFredriks
Thread Starter #5
get the Razzter( made by one of our own members) a pillar mount for the ap and attach a either a phone clamp or a scosche magnet to it. I do that with the Scosche Magnet mount.
I use the AP pillar mount on track to monitor temps for oil and coolant already though.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I use the AP pillar mount on track to monitor temps for oil and coolant already though.

ya I used to use that too aka Pro Clip for my phone till a thief who was rifling cars in buildings parking garage decided he wanted it. lol No AP or phone in the car he just had to have the mount and my cheap freebie enjuku Sunglasses :ROFLMAO: I think he was a drug addict.:LOL:

Last edited:
I never went to the track but I loved my proclip mount, phone was very secure. Price of entry is a little high though

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
ya I used to use that too aka Pro Clip for my phone till a thief who was rifling cars in buildings parking garage decided he wanted it. lol No AP or phone in the car he just had to have the mount and my cheap freebie enjuku Sunglasses :ROFLMAO: I think he was a drug addict.:LOL:
The amount of crime going on now is unbelievable! Hardly any police around and these scum use the cover of darkness. The number of parcels/mail stolen from porches by these people is going through the roof. They know that if they get caught, they'll be walking before the police have finished their paperwork!

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’ve found Tackform to be the quickest and most secure. I use two: one with a modified ProClip and another on a RAM suction cup for my spare phone that pairs with my 10Hz GPS antenna.
4649129A-1B92-4DD9-A03C-CF0731B0B20C.jpeg 8D066FA6-7357-4E89-BEF0-FA2D21F9C579.jpeg 2A6D5F2B-80AF-4A52-810F-1700F5DA44CD.jpeg 6BBA234E-D355-47E9-9486-6B961AAA48E1.jpeg 4A825CE5-7513-45FE-8B99-1A011E4EC279.jpeg

The antenna is Velcroed to a Ram mount that I stick to my sunroof inside the car.

Attachments

Woods247

2000 Post Club
TrackAddict uses the phone cam and also attaches to my GoPro. Pretty cool for how cheap it is. Laptimes have never been a priority of mine because traffic is always an issue but it is cool to capture video of my shitbox passing my buddies or vice versa. When I do have an open track, the 10HZ GPS antenna makes TA much more accurate when timing laps. Turning all this shit on and keeping the batteries charged is an inconvenience so I rarely use any if it lol. Too bad the Garmin thing is a grand.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
TrackAddict uses the phone cam and also attaches to my GoPro. Pretty cool for how cheap it is. Laptimes have never been a priority of mine because traffic is always an issue but it is cool to capture video of my shitbox passing my buddies or vice versa. When I do have an open track, the 10HZ GPS antenna makes TA much more accurate when timing laps. Turning all this shit on and keeping the batteries charged is an inconvenience so I rarely use any if it lol. Too bad the Garmin thing is a grand.
Wait how does track addict connect to a GoPro? I've been syncing footage after the fact.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Go here and scroll down to External Camera Control. It should sync and pop up in Race Render later on when you connect it to your computer. I have a Hero9 and use “Hey GoPro” commands.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Go here and scroll down to External Camera Control. It should sync and pop up in Race Render later on when you connect it to your computer. I have a Hero9 and use “Hey GoPro” commands.
That's cool, thanks - it appears the video will automatically sync if it recognizes the external camera. I'll have to try that out!

I'm late to the conversation here but I also use a Ram mount. I have a suction cup version then use TrackAddict with my phone's camera. It's good-ish. The way the phone cradle expands and rotates is fiddly when trying getting the camera in a horizontal position. But overall, the build quality of the mount is excellent.

Something else I'll mention is that the suction cup sucks ( :) ) as much as all the others I've used for mounting radar detectors, phones, etc on the windshield. When it gets hot in the car it falls off. It happened twice last summer on a 100+ degree day. Once in the middle of a session where the phone and mount when flying to the passenger floor around a corner. Another time the car was just parked and with the weight of the mount and phone made a dent in the plastic trim next to the shifter. I'll probably figure something out to make it stick on there better, maybe with 3M VHB tape.

OP
DaleFredriks
Thread Starter #17
I ended up getting this one and tbh I was nervous about it not being a strong enough magnet, but it held my phone great on Big Willow yesterday. Interested to keep trying it out on a more technical track that has less fast sweepers. I mounted it to the flattish piece of plastic right by the passengers airbag light.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WG6J8DG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share