Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Traded my 2016 FiST

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Hello FiST brethren. I recently traded my 2016 FiST for a 2019 Escape Titanium (2.0 liter AWD). I put 72,000 miles on the FiST in just two years. The car will be missed. Fortunately, I still have a 2017 FiST, so that’s what I’ll be driving now as my wife drives the Escape.

I want to add a few more modifications to the 17 out of boredom, but I’ve been out of the loop for awhile, so there’s plenty of reading I need to catch up on first.

Mods so far:
Whoosh intercooler (original/Cobb size).
Stratified’s 91, 93, and E30 tunes.
Velossa Tech BIG MOUTH.
Drop-in filter.
Pierce 2-point brace.
FSWERKS Shifter.
Pulsating brake light.
Boomba BOV adapter.

I also have low mileage OE shocks/struts and springs (stiffer rates) from a 2014 FiST that have not yet been installed. I’m thinking they’ll be perfect paired with the thicker front sway-bar and 33% stiffer rear torsion beam from the 17’
Also, keeping the original ride hight for the kind of driving I do may come in handy.

I’m considering trying some of Dizzy’s tuning, as well. I’m open to any ideas if you feel the need to share. Thank you for reading.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well glad to see you cricled back around and still retained one of the two FiST’s your family owned.
I would be interested to see how you like putting the stiffer shocks on the newer car. I am about to install ST coilovers in my car.

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I posted this before on the forum, but here it is again. In addition to rear torsion beam thickness, different spring rates for '14-16 and '17+

'14-16

'17+

There you have it folks. Thanks for providing the numbers, koozy.

I remember you telling me to keep both FiSTs as long as I could. I even told my wife that you said that, but she had to have a bigger car after driving an SUV. So, I began searching for a “bigger” car...
using... the WRX and Focus RS are a bigger car pitch, but it didn’t work lol.

koozy

3000 Post Club
There you have it folks. Thanks for providing the numbers, koozy.

I remember you telling me to keep both FiSTs as long as I could. I even told my wife that you said that, but she had to have a bigger car after driving an SUV. So, I began searching for a “bigger” car...
using... the WRX and Focus RS are a bigger car pitch, but it didn’t work lol.
I'm sure you would have, if you could have but Family first [thumb]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=5644]Truth in Ruin[/MENTION] - Big difference in the ride? Did you prefer the sixteen or the seventeen?

Combination of the stock new bushings and stock tuned suspension with cold weather and/or particular roadways would get pretty bouncy on my sixteen. That has subsided to more of a rarity as the bushings have aged. Cornering on the sixteen, I feel like could be stiffer. The yaw control really wears on the rear brakes. Rear pads were due at about 30-35k while the fronts are perfectly fine..

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
[MENTION=5644]Truth in Ruin[/MENTION] - Big difference in the ride? Did you prefer the sixteen or the seventeen?

Combination of the stock new bushings and stock tuned suspension with cold weather and/or particular roadways would get pretty bouncy on my sixteen. That has subsided to more of a rarity as the bushings have aged. Cornering on the sixteen, I feel like could be stiffer. The yaw control really wears on the rear brakes. Rear pads were due at about 30-35k while the fronts are perfectly fine..
The difference in ride is very noticeable. I prefer the 16 by far. However, the pierce 2-point brace helped quite a bit, and I’m willing to bet after I install the early OE springs & shocks that I got from koozy, I’ll probably like the 17 better.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I had a 15 and currently own a 17 that autocross often. The 15 imo felt sharper. The 17 rides nicer daily though. For the average person just cruising these things stock I’d go with the newer softer suspension one if can. The average person won’t notice Much between the two.

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
I did not know they put the FoST 2.0L into the Escapes for '17. 245hp and 275 tq must move pretty nicely....
It does! It’s a 0-40 beast, but that’s about it. It’s still probably the fastest compact SUV aside from the Forester XT.