Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmision Fluid Chage/Noise Is Worse

Se7eN

So, I recently noticed that my trans was starting to wine a bit. As my car is not at all stock and pushing 300+ I assumed my 48k miles and pushing it hard meant I need to change my Fluid. Put in Multi DTCF oil and there is still wine.

Any of you guys have experience with other Fluids that do infact lower the noise from the trans, or could help with it at least? Shifts just fine and works as normal except for the noise.

Last edited:

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
How much came out from the factory fill? How much did you put in?

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #3
How much came out from the factory fill? How much did you put in?

i didn't really measure what came out, only had a gallon laying arround and went to about half way. Put in the 1.67 whatever it was is in the manual.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
i didn't really measure what came out, only had a gallon laying arround and went to about half way. Put in the 1.67 whatever it was is in the manual.
Seems like 1.67 liters is actually not enough. The refill procedure as per the Ford shop manual calls for "20 mm below fill hole", which is more like 2+ liters. There's a couple of exhaustive threads on the matter, one in particular that just recently cooled down (shit was getting crazy).

I have a touch over 2 liters of the oem motorcraft stuff. I replaced the factory fill at around 6,500 mi.

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #5
I actually filled up the rest from what was remaining Fluid from the jugs, so it has just about the 2liters. I added it after it actually kept making more noise after the change.

I have 76K and swapped out for 2 liters of RAVENOL MTF-2, made the shifts better and somewhat quieter but from what Ive read and experienced this platform has a noisy drivetrain; especially if you have aftermarket mounts.

Last edited:
OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #7
I have 76K and swapped out for 2 liters of RAVENOL MTF-2, made the shifts better and somewhat quieter but from what Ive read and experienced this platform has a noisy drivetrain; especially if you have aftermarket mounts.
were could I get that Ravenol Fluid?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also available directly from the sole U.S. importer; Blauparts, which runs discounts of from 10% to 20% at various times during the year, and always around holidays.
They also have a rewards program for every buck spent, and free shipping over $100.00. [:)]

I also use their engine oil, so it pays for me to go directly to them for product. [wink]

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #14
Ravenol J1C1002 SAE 75W-80 Manual Transmission Fluid - MTF-2 Full Synthetic API GL-4 (1 Liter) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FGXB15O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_G3qWCbQJW8QR0

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
So I just ordered up some of that Ravenol today. Last night had a little fun and afterwards the Transmission was making a horrible noise. Even worst then before, Last resort is changing the fluid again, before having to open her up and see what's actually wrong

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #15
The noise reminds me of when my Fbody had the rear end loose some teeth from the Pinion. So I don't have high hopes

BG is going in mine. In second there is a whine. We’ll see if it helps down the line. If not I’ll just drink some wine and then it will all be fine.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There is a carrier like bearing on the Passengerside CV axle shaft and I've wondered if this can be a source of bearing noise also...Food for thought. Oh and by the Way I had my trans replaced @25k with a very very nice 4th gear whine that eventually crept into 5th and started to get into 6th before it was replaced.