Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission removal and the downpipe

Sorry if this is discussed on the regular. I have everything almost out including the subframe but it seems the downpipe needs to be removed from the turbo. Is this true? I read people have done it without doing this. Is this possible?

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
IF YOU HAVE ALL THAT OUT ALREADY YOU ARE CLEARLY CAPABLE. BUT YOU THOUGHT IT WAS LESS WORK TO JOIN AN ONLINE FORUM AND ASK VS PULLING THREE MORE BOLTS?

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
IF YOU HAVE ALL THAT OUT ALREADY YOU ARE CLEARLY CAPABLE. BUT YOU THOUGHT IT WAS LESS WORK TO JOIN AN ONLINE FORUM AND ASK VS PULLING THREE MORE BOLTS?
Sorry I currently don't have a vehicle. My truck broke down while changing the clutch. Sooo kinda desperate because I have a feeling most of the bolts are going to break while doing this plus will have to order a new gasket for it too. Times are rough for sure. I got 120,000 miles out of the original clutch though that has to be a record.

Sorry if this is discussed on the regular. I have everything almost out including the subframe but it seems the downpipe needs to be removed from the turbo. Is this true? I read people have done it without doing this. Is this possible?
No you don't need to pull the downpipe. I'm assuming you are referring to the one bolt that is right beside of the DP. You just back it out and leave it there.

1649261940188.png