Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Troubleshooting sudden loss of power after parking for an hour. (10k miles, AP, 93 tune, symp delete, 1/2 tank gas)

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Well, only 10k miles and it hit me today. I was leaving the dentist's office and I didn't have all my power. When I take off at the line, it has some brisk acceleration, but when I increase pedal to the floor, I get nothing more than the same initial acceleration. No bogging, sputtering, hesitation, noise or such. No CEL. I got home, took a look at the IC hoses - all snug. Looked at the Symposer delete - still tight. Looked for my AP to hook it up ... seriously? Where the f*** is it? Now I have to search the house & garage high and low. I was doing some de-cluttering and like anything else out there, you have to make a mess to clean up. It's around here somewhere. I DO know where my ODBDII reader is. I'll check that tonight when I get home. I'll get it on the ramps and take a closer look at it in the next day or two. (I'm 12 days post-op from an extraction and 5 days from fixing the sinus perforation a second time).

EDIT: when I say "nothing more than the initial acceleration", it does go faster and increase, but no boost/torque pull feeling. It is gone. It's like I have 150hp, not 210.

Last edited:

haste

1000 Post Club
With my tune, I really don't notice much of a difference between 75% throttle and 100% throttle. Maybe you were experiencing the same thing?

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
With my tune, I really don't notice much of a difference between 75% throttle and 100% throttle. Maybe you were experiencing the same thing?
sorry, but absolutely not. My description might be leaving something out. I did not state 75-100. Let's just say from 25-100 or even if I floor it from the start, I don't the same torque/pull as before. I parked at the dentist for an hour and when I came out, it was gone.

haste

1000 Post Club
I'd just try some simple things. Go back to stock tune and see how it drives, then reinstall 93 tune if everything seems ok with the stock tune. Try a datalog and maybe someone here could look at it if things don't clear up with a tune change.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I'd just try some simple things. Go back to stock tune and see how it drives, then reinstall 93 tune if everything seems ok with the stock tune. Try a datalog and maybe someone here could look at it if things don't clear up with a tune change.
AFTER I find the damn thing, lol I'm getting good progress on de-cluttering, but man, it throws you off in the process.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I found my AP, but in the excitement, I didn't take it for a drive as it was. I flashed it to another tune and test drove. Now I'll never know what the boost level was. What an idiot...

The power is back!

I have not gone back to the other tune yet to test it.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Possibly bumped onto the wastegate only map when turning? Ive done that once or twice with the cruise buttons 🤦. Lol.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I've heard of that feature, but don't have it AFAIK. I have OTS Dizzy, Strat and Cobb.

Which one has it and what is the sequence of presses?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
On cobb its hitting the cancel button on cruise control side. Then coast or set. The tach will hover steady at the map number you are on or switch to. It can be done on the fly. Cruise control does need to be off to access this function.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
On cobb its hitting the cancel button on cruise control side. Then coast or set. The tach will hover steady at the map number you are on or switch to. It can be done on the fly. Cruise control does need to be off to access this function.
Well, I though I was on my Dizzy tune, but I was on the Cobb. I do use cruise when I can and was using that day on the way to the dentist... let's just say a damn good chance it was that feature.

I'm back on the Dizzy tune again. The stratified is too squirrelly compare to dizzy and Cobb is milder.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Ive done that trying to set my speed with cruise. Only to realize i missed the on button and switched maps. Lol.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Ive done that trying to set my speed with cruise. Only to realize i missed the on button and switched maps. Lol.
Oh, wait....my AP was at home at the time. Doesn't the feature require the AP?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Ive never unhooked it. So thats a maybe from me. That said if launch control and burnout mode work without the AP ( again unconfirmed as i leave mine in) i dont see why the map switch wouldnt.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
What is the OAR?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

O.A.R. is an American rock band, founded in 1996 in Rockville, Maryland. The band consists of lead vocalist/guitarist Marc Roberge, drummer Chris Culos, guitarist Richard On, bassist Benj Gershman, saxophonist/guitarist Jerry DePizzo, and touring members, trumpet player Jon Lampley and keyboardist Mikel Paris.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

O.A.R. is an American rock band, founded in 1996 in Rockville, Maryland. The band consists of lead vocalist/guitarist Marc Roberge, drummer Chris Culos, guitarist Richard On, bassist Benj Gershman, saxophonist/guitarist Jerry DePizzo, and touring members, trumpet player Jon Lampley and keyboardist Mikel Paris.
Quit copy and pasting from Wikipedia * Ya dingus. That band is what I'd like to call M.A.M. ...Mediocre At Most. I'd Rather listen to the Starland vocal band ...Afternoon delight on Max repeat.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: