Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trying to bring back to life a salvage 2016 Fiesta ST

Hi guys,
New here
I just purchased a salvage 2016 FiST with front end damage.
Looking forward to learn about the car and get to drive it soon.

I opened another thread in the wanted section if anyone has any take off parts they no longer need in the San Diego area.

Thanks!

83406328-D1BA-4695-993E-56EFA09EE2DF.jpeg

Congrats, but from those pics I think driving it "soon" might be a bit optimistic. ;) By the way, my first FiST was salvage (I rebuilt it, but it was an easy low fresh water flood) and my second was Rebuilt from a fairly minor front end collision. Anyway, best of luck with the rebuild.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Thanks,
definitely a long way to go but at least the frame is not bent and the engine seems ok.
Airbags where not deployed, but lots of plastic pieces that got destroyed, bent or missing.

I rebuilt a Mini that looked like that and found it more cost effective to buy one with a rear end hit as a donor. I made a bundle reselling the motor, tranny, and other parts that easily covered the cost of the donor car. Just food for thought before you start spending good money on expensive parts as they add up quickly. Below is a link to my rebuild if you're interested. It even mentions my flood FiST.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.c...a-bruised-14-today-here-goes-the-rebuild.html