Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tuna's H Street adventure

Cjw

You said you’re having brake issues, in March? Are you a two driver car, getting any time between runs? I haven’t seen any brake issues yet in the southern heat but would like to be safe if it becomes an issue

OP
Tuna
Thread Starter #43
You said you’re having brake issues, in March? Are you a two driver car, getting any time between runs? I haven’t seen any brake issues yet in the southern heat but would like to be safe if it becomes an issue
I'm finding the stock pads heat up too quick and my discs go blue every AutoX. I'm also talking single driver on the heat issue. When my Canadian buddy co-drove the car we had terrible heat affected braking issues. I haven't had a chance to test the new pads yet because #rona

OP
Tuna
Thread Starter #44
Fixed my fading front brake issue by replacing the pads with G-Loc R6 compound (at 6537 mi). The shop I purchased them though ordered unbedded instead of pre-bedded pads (for a street class Autocross car... I won't be returning my business), so bedding them on the street was rather fun. Luckily, I found a back prairie road with little traffic to perform the necessary. I have a very slight drag on the driver's side and the squeal is apparent at all speeds, including highway. Oh well.

Progress photo on the parking pad out back, because I only a have a one car garage now (FML):

Saturday I got to test them out at my first event in Alberta in a while. First time back at Ft MacLeod since 2015 I think? The brakes work great and I'm now over-braking and spending too much time coasting or making up lost time in a momentum car.

Only a few pictures at the SASC event in Ft MacLeod (I have a thing for 70's Corvettes)

First one I've seen in the flesh:

Was sitting in second place PAX last night until the timing computer results were corrected for 2020 PAX numbers. My first ever first place:

Overall ranking by PAX (showing top 30 only):

Nice run, and exactly my reaction when I finish a good one! Road racing is fairly calm, but autocross is very intense and you cant help that sort of large reaction at the end. ;-)