Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tune that doesn't increase boost for AutoX STX?

Curious if anyone is running one of these. I was thinking it would be nice to try out stratified's TC since it seems to work well on the street. I was also wondering if extra power could be tuned (car with aftermarket DP) without increasing boost levels.

Paging @clidgey to the red phone....

And if you're adding boost in a boost-limited class(at least with scca or most of the more competitive clubs), someone will know, especially if you're clearly faster than you should be.

Currently, there's a proposal within the SCCA to create a class for more DD hot hatch mods, and they're calling it STH. With the new class proposal, comes the availability for open boost and open tuning(but not replacing boost related components, i.e. hard pipes, IC, BOV, etc). So if you are a current SCCA member, I suggest reading the current Fastrack and submitting a letter of support, or if you see something you'd like changed, tell them your ideas.

I'm running HS this season(and probably next), but STH is definitely on my radar for an upcoming season.

As far as the tune, I'd ask some of the forum sponsors on here about it. (stratified, dhm, etc). I have a local that I trust with my tuning, so I'll be asking him if my need arises.

OP
tiggerbren
Thread Starter #4
Paging @clidgey to the red phone....

And if you're adding boost in a boost-limited class(at least with scca or most of the more competitive clubs), someone will know, especially if you're clearly faster than you should be.

Currently, there's a proposal within the SCCA to create a class for more DD hot hatch mods, and they're calling it STH. With the new class proposal, comes the availability for open boost and open tuning(but not replacing boost related components, i.e. hard pipes, IC, BOV, etc). So if you are a current SCCA member, I suggest reading the current Fastrack and submitting a letter of support, or if you see something you'd like changed, tell them your ideas.

I'm running HS this season(and probably next), but STH is definitely on my radar for an upcoming season.

As far as the tune, I'd ask some of the forum sponsors on here about it. (stratified, dhm, etc). I have a local that I trust with my tuning, so I'll be asking him if my need arises.
STH does sound interesting. I'm not interested in running an illegal tune even if no one knows. That would ruin any victory and make losses feel even worse.

A7xogg

How do you add boost to a car that has over boost on stock software? Autox speaking anyway

I would think that one of the tuners here could customize a tune to limit boost to overboost stock settings and optimize torque to be higher than stock and flatter across the RPM range.

But it may not be possible. But maybe it is....