Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tunes and revisions

TemecFist

For those of you that do not have an OTS tune, could you tell me how many revisions it took to get your tune right, and how long? Also, could you tell me who your tuner was. Thanks guys.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Don't have a custom tune myself, but most tunes are complete in about 5 revisions, however it can vary depending on the circumstances. I'm also tuned by dizzy

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #3
Don't have a custom tune myself, but most tunes are complete in about 5 revisions, however it can vary depending on the circumstances. I'm also tuned by dizzy
How do you like his tune? I'm being Pro Tuned right now, and I'm on my 8th revision in 8 weeks (still have -3.60+ ignition corrections and some KR counts).This just seemed a little long, so I thought I would ask.
Thanks

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
The more modified you go the harder it is to remote tune. I'm working with Alex from stratified right now and 5th revision in about 3 months (5months but my email kept blocking his emails) and still on volumetric efficiency tables but I'm cammed running a forged block and x57 plus a ton of other mods. Itll probably take him 8 months to a year to figure this out at the going rate but at the end of the day I can see every revision is chipping away at the builds flaws so I'm happy with it. I paid them a good chunk of change, as long as I can drive the car (it's my daily) I'm perfectly fine with him taking a year, as long as its right.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #5
The more modified you go the harder it is to remote tune. I'm working with Alex from stratified right now and 5th revision in about 3 months (5months but my email kept blocking his emails) and still on volumetric efficiency tables but I'm cammed running a forged block and x57 plus a ton of other mods. Itll probably take him 8 months to a year to figure this out at the going rate but at the end of the day I can see every revision is chipping away at the builds flaws so I'm happy with it. I paid them a good chunk of change, as long as I can drive the car (it's my daily) I'm perfectly fine with him taking a year, as long as its right.

Ok, well that makes me feel better, lol. I actually talked to Alex today and ordered one of his flash tunes to use while my E tune (not pro, sorry about that) is being completed. I didnt feel comfortable beating on the car (track car, not a daily) with the way the E tune is right now.
So do you just not drive the car hard since the tune is not complete, switch to an OTS tune, what do you do?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Nah, Alex's tunes are actually pretty good it's just the cams, possibly the flywheel cause a ton of misfires because the fueling is off. He's already adjusted my normal cruising speeds to be pretty much perfect so I can go to work just fine. It's when I'm playing around chasing down people it becomes a problem. Like for me 4k+ sustained revs causes such heavy misfires I actually go into limp mode after about 5 seconds. Every time I am cruising and have to let off the gas and ease back on it it also causes misfires, about 4 each time so not that bad. It's so minimal it could be false misfire too that's what we are working on fixing. It's just fine tuning the fuel to match what the cars wants. Some parts of the map my cars literally giving 20% more fuel because it needs it. When I'm cruising on the newest revision it wants about 8% more at 70 mph. It's all a process and it would be much easier on a Dyno.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Notice though I said sustained. Wot is almost perfect. I have absolutely no misfires at wot

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #8
Nah, Alex's tunes are actually pretty good it's just the cams, possibly the flywheel cause a ton of misfires because the fueling is off. He's already adjusted my normal cruising speeds to be pretty much perfect so I can go to work just fine. It's when I'm playing around chasing down people it becomes a problem. Like for me 4k+ sustained revs causes such heavy misfires I actually go into limp mode after about 5 seconds. Every time I am cruising and have to let off the gas and ease back on it it also causes misfires, about 4 each time so not that bad. It's so minimal it could be false misfire too that's what we are working on fixing. It's just fine tuning the fuel to match what the cars wants. Some parts of the map my cars literally giving 20% more fuel because it needs it. When I'm cruising on the newest revision it wants about 8% more at 70 mph. It's all a process and it would be much easier on a Dyno.

Definitely sounds like a chore. Too much for me. I need consistent, reliable, safe power. I'm just going to use his Flash tune with a splash of ethanol and a little WMI......that should do the trick for now.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I have a regular tune from him and like them a lot! I'm only tuned on stock turbo so it's a lot easier to make a simple one. 93 and E30 are both really smooth but still powerful.