Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart Dual Port Adjustment Help Needed

Searched but didn't find what I'm looking for.

I tossed in my used Turbosmart Dual Port Shortie etc etc BOV on my FiST last night. Because it was used and I took it apart to clean and replace the o-rings, I'm not 100% sure it's adjusted correctly. Below is how my car acted before and after the BOV swap. Any feedback is appreciated.

Small throttle closure:
Stock recirc valve - small hiss from the recirc valve
Dual Port - nothing, no releases of pressure

Medium throttle closure:
Stock recirc vavle - hiss from the recirc valve
Dual Port - hiss from the BOV and turbo flutter thru the intake

Heavy throttle closure:
Stock recirc valve - hiss from the recirc valve
Dual Port - loud hiss from the BOV and not sure about flutter as the BOV is so loud

I'm also noticing it takes a little longer to build boost at medium throttle acceleration but it definitely builds and its strong. Peak boost is down maybe 1 psi.

Should I rotate the adjustment harder or softer?

OP
eleven
Thread Starter #2
Also, under light driving, inbetween shifts when the BOV does relieve pressure, it seems to stay open the entire time the clutch is depressed/between shifts...is it normal for it to be open that long?

SFP

On the stock turbo it should be adjusted as light as possible then a turn or so in from my experience on my last one.

It shouldn't take any longer to build boost however it will hold better.