Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart em dual port vr2. Possible issues

Installed last weekend everything seemed fine but started to notice on partial throttle acceleration the boost drops like the valve is staying open. Feels like there's a boost leak. On full throttle doesn't feel like the car is making full power. Accessport is reading correct afr's and about 23lbs of boost full throttle. So don't think it's an issue at full throttle. Just normal driving somthing doesn't feel right. Anybody have any issues or same experience with the em dual port please chime in thanks.

Mod list: cpe cold air, whoosh race rmm, whoosh intercooler and charge pipes, thermal catback, whoosh catless downpipe, turbosmart em dual port bov, Cobb ots stage 3 tune.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
It stays closed longer than stock at part throttle giving a weird fluttery sound, but snaps open and closed a lot faster than stock. Does that sound like what you experience? It’s also very possible to clip it in backwards if your valve doesn’t have the little blue keyed insert in the plug to prevent backwards connection. Be careful, if you *did* connect the cable backwards it may have cracked your harness connector even though it feels like it fits just fine.

when I first got my em2 I had to slightly adjust how I drove, since I no longer had to hammer the throttle open to get boost. It was much happier and cleaner at partial boost but after a few weeks it felt normal. After swapping the stock dv back on I had to relearn again that it takes more throttle to feel the beeeeewwwsssst

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
It feels like it's partially open and I watch the boost drop even going uphill I'll hit like 4 or 5lbs normal driving but it doesn't stay it will drop into the negative wile still on throttle and barely blow off. What's odd is it felt great the first couple days.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
It feels like it's partially open and I watch the boost drop even going uphill I'll hit like 4 or 5lbs normal driving but it doesn't stay it will drop into the negative wile still on throttle and barely blow off. What's odd is it felt great the first couple days.
it could have failed. One of my turbo smarts failed within 45 minutes of install (it stuck closed) and I had to send it in for a replacement solenoid. It has been fine since then though. The dual port em was great the whole time I used it, it just annoyed me after a while and attracted too much police attention in Irvine. The plumb back was missing the keyed insert in the plug to prevent backwards installation, and that’s the one that failed right 45 minutes after proper installation. Turbo smart was super fast and their support was really helpful. Maybe contact turbo smart support? If you have a multimeter they’ll tell you how to test it with it off the car. If In doubt, remove it and go back to stock until you confirm its good. With it removed I think you can squish the piston to make sure it actuates smoothly

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
Thanks I'll report back with findings this weekend ... If I can't figure it out I'll have a smoke test to look for boost leaks

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
Today's update car ran fine this morning so I think I can eliminate a boost leak and either the plunger is getting stuck open or the solenoid is bad causing the plunger to not close all the way..... ????

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Acting up again also emailed turbosmart hopefully they will send me new
If your DV is acting up, you should REALLY, REALLY swap back to stock for right now.
Misbehaving DV's are usually just annoying, but can do some really weird shit.

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
Yea I unfortunately cannot do anything about it till this weekend. I been watching the numbers on the accessport nothing looks bad other than watching my boost drop when. Accelerating. I only have 1 more day of driving just been taking it easy.

OP
D
Thread Starter #14
How did you know the solenoid was bad.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
After removing and testing that the plunger is moving like it should and Inspecting the connector was fine I can't think of any reason why else it would stick partially open upon acceleration. Sometimes it would stay 100 percent open. 1 morning it was perfectly fine. That much variable tells me the solenoid is bad.bit must be common because they sell replacements.

After removing and testing that the plunger is moving like it should and Inspecting the connector was fine I can't think of any reason why else it would stick partially open upon acceleration. Sometimes it would stay 100 percent open. 1 morning it was perfectly fine. That much variable tells me the solenoid is bad.bit must be common because they sell replacements.
Any update on this @Dperry ? How is that vacuum style BPV working out for ya? Problem solved?

I have a Turbosmart EM VR2 with some issues. Internal lubrication I believe. It opened and never closed. Is anyone interested? 50 bucks and it's yours to fix.