Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD Turbosmart EM VR2 Diverter(sold) and Injen intake for 2016+(pending)

Trader history for Clint Beastwood (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Note: I prefer to use Paypal because I don't know how to use anything else, so hopefully that works.

Both items have been sold.

Tell me about the diverter, Mister Beastwood!
Up first, a Turbosmart EM VR2 Dual Port with bonusloud and noisy psshhhhh sounds!
- used for maybe 5k miles
- lightning quick actuation
- holds more boost to redline

Why are you getting rid of it?
Local police were pulling me over multiple times a week to "check for illegal modifications". This diverter is not technically CARB compliant, but since it's stealthy they couldn't see anything to cite me for and I was clearly not the target demographic. I kinda liked the noise but it wasn't worth getting pulled over all the time. I replaced it with the non-dual port version so it's functionally the same without the blowoff sounds. It has been sitting on a shelf in my garage for a while, and my wife says I can't buy another project car until I clear out a bunch of car parts :)

How much do you want for it?
How about $170 + shipping?

Let's see some pics!
DV, installation, new hex bolts (I did not use them, re-used the stock ones)

Now what's this you say about an Injen Intake?
Yes! It's nice and noisy!
- used for approximately 10k miles
- lots of nice turbo noises
- uses a "dry" filter (how to clean
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=60&v=WiGg1z98sLI
)

Why are you getting rid of it?
It makes all the right noises, its great during the winter, but in SoCal Summers while sitting in traffic the intake temps get so high (mid 140's after an hour+ in traffic in ~102f heat) it was pretty much mitigating the temperature drop I got from my Whoosh V2 intercooler. As long as I was moving I was fine, and during colder months I was fine, but traffic+Summer heat made the car feel "soggy". If you live somewhere cooler or don't spend 3 hours a day in bumper to bumper traffic you'd probably be fine.

How much do you want for it?
Lets say... $125 + shipping.

Well show me some pictures!
The whole kit

Close up of the MAF portion (I normally polish things before sale, but I did not want to introduce abrasives to an intake part - it's been cleaned with acetone but no mechanical polishing has been done).

Close up of the filter

Close up of the shield + the only modification I did. I added a piece of rubber hose to one of the downward-facing bolts. I did this because without the rubber hose, the end of the bolt comes uncomfortably close (for me) to the wiring harness for the ECU. Like within .25". I wanted a little more distance, so I added the rubber hose bit so the bolt doesn't stick out as far on the bottom.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
"Local police were pulling me over multiple times a week to "check for illegal modifications". "

Good god, I couldn't even imagine that level of harassment over a freaking BOV, wow, I don't blame you one bit for getting rid of the 50/50... Anyway, I have the plumb back version and love it. Still can hear it a little like stock with a modded intake but stock air box. I just recommend doing the shroud cut in front of the snorkel like you are going to install a Big Mouth to help suck in even cooler air when using the stock air box.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
"Local police were pulling me over multiple times a week to "check for illegal modifications". "

Good god, I couldn't even imagine that level of harassment over a freaking BOV, wow, I don't blame you one bit for getting rid of the 50/50... Anyway, I have the plumb back version and love it. Still can hear it a little like stock with a modded intake but stock air box. I just recommend doing the shroud cut in front of the snorkel like you are going to install a Big Mouth to help suck in even cooler air when using the stock air box.
Yeah I swapped the plumb back on and it "feels" the same - sounded really neat with the 2j intake, rally style warbling :p

Status
Not open for further replies.