Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart spring questions?

Why would someone opt for a 7 psi,11,14 etc.? I have a 7psi spring in my turbosmart actuator on my PumaSpeed X47r. I am currently at 20psi on my current revision what or why is the benefit of a heavier spring?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why would someone opt for a 7 psi,11,14 etc.? I have a 7psi spring in my turbosmart actuator on my PumaSpeed X47r. I am currently at 20psi on my current revision what or why is the benefit of a heavier spring?
Its holds the wastegate door shut longer*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Using a bigger spring isn't always the answer also*

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
But if you can hit 26psi with a 7 pound spring why would one use a heavier one?
It can aid in the bleeding off pressure by the wastegate allowing higher boost to be ran. And held for longer in the upper RPMS

jomeireh1

I recently tuned my RS with the Cobb accessport with mountune calibrations and not shortly after threw on a turbosmart BoV. I noticed that the car doesnt feel like its boosting as much. My gauge still goes to around 27 pounds of boost but it doesnt feel like it did before the BoV. I was going to pull the BoV off and tighten it to max settings but I was wondering if I should look into buying a stronger spring psi. Any help snaptube vidmate or recommendations would be appreciated!

Last edited: