Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart

Has anyone installed the new turbosmart EM dual port. I just installed and it now flutters, is that normal. Had boobs adapter before, I could just be used to it sounding like a bus... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

the duke

Fluttering at partial boost pressures is typically normal. The OEM controller is an electronically controlled solenoid and it rapidly flutters to control boost (open/close). With the EM being a dual port it's much more audible as it's venting to atmosphere.

ZeroMmx

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Welcome to the VTA world! Just as long as it's not fluttering at high RPM you should be fine. Like when you let off the throttle at 3500 RPM and it flutters... that's bad. Liftoff at low RPMs will flutter some but it shouldn't be dramatic.

I agree.. the Boomba adapter was a bit bus air brake-ish.

Installed my TS Kompact the other day, it’s not really loud on lower rpm but at high rpm the whoosh is pretty loud lol, I’ve seen videos and it’s definitely louder at lower rpms on theirs. Could be cause I have a stage 1 tune or maybe it’s set to hard ?

the duke

I imagine the tuner has control over the Wastegate and might be keeping it closed longer compared to OEM. I believe the TS valve should be "set" from TS and require minor tweaking. If you have your AP load the OEM map and see if it changes the behavior.

I imagine the tuner has control over the Wastegate and might be keeping it closed longer compared to OEM. I believe the TS valve should be "set" from TS and require minor tweaking. If you have your AP load the OEM map and see if it changes the behavior.
Interesting, I will do that thanks for the advice

Ever since I put this BOV on I can hear the turbo spool more during acceleration, this is my first turbo car so idk if that was normal lol