Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Unpopular opinion on Stratified Tune.

I was running the Stratified 93 tune for 3 months. While the increased power and boost close to 27 PSI was nice, one thing that I could not get over was the rev hang. Even with the latest update (4.10) the revs still seemed to take forever to drop. This issue combined with the touchy throttle got old pretty quick. Now, I am back on the Cobb OTS stage 1 tune and the decreased rev hang is a blessing.

Do any others feel this way? I feel like the car is much more of a pleasure to drive now.

Once thing that concerns me is how everyone says how the OTS tunes suck and aren't as safe? How is that the case? I monitor ign. corrections and only see negatives once every other day. -- I feel like Cobb would not be a big name in the tuning industry if their tunes were bad.

I am also open to any other companies that have as smooth of a feel as Cobb.

What are your thoughts?

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I've had the same tune for quite some time and find it to my liking. Don't think any tuner can make that rev hang any better. You just have to live with it. And I don't find my throttle all that touchy either. Dizzy's got a good tune you might try them out. Everyone that has that tune seem to be very happy.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Every tuner is Different and has different tuning styles....I have had Stratified...Dizzy tuning and CP-E...along with the OTS from Cobb. With the Flash tunes from Stratified and Dizzy I found that Stratified is more aggressive and Dizzy is more Linear. CP-E Dyno tuned my car and that too is very linear and not overly aggressive so I DON'T roast tires....which I'm thankful for. The flash tunes are cheap....try Another vendor...or contact them and tell them what you want and maybe they could tailor it more to you but still keep the flash tune price. It's worth a shot...since it's a stock Snail I'd stick with flash tunes as the Pro-tunes should be kept to bigger Turbos then you definitely get your money's worth. But then again if money isn't an object....go for the protune on the stock snail! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

SrsBsns

I've been running the Stratified 91 tune (thanks, California...) for a while now and really like it.

I had to bring the car to the dealership so I went back to the stock tune and doing that just made me realize how much more I love the Stratified tune. I love it so much that I just ordered the E30 tune from them.

I notice rev-hang too, but not more than the stock tune. It's just a little slow sometimes.

I would second the option to give Dizzy a try.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah, Alex worked on the rev hang a long time for the some of us that have been experiencing it without much luck... I'm sticking with Dizzy for now and have found the rev hang for his is not as bad at all, you may have to ask for his 1 second of hang if his zero setting doesn't hit what you're looking for.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Thank you everyone, It seems like Dizzy is a pretty popular option and will probably go with them next. IIRC, will the step colder plugs put more strain on my starter? I believe some folks were saying how their cars took longer to start with them in.

Ill most likely wait until I upgrade the IC (sometime next year before it gets hot again). In the meantime do yall think there is anything to worry about running the Cobb stage 1 tune?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thank you everyone, It seems like Dizzy is a pretty popular option and will probably go with them next. IIRC, will the step colder plugs put more strain on my starter? I believe some folks were saying how their cars took longer to start with them in.

Ill most likely wait until I upgrade the IC (sometime next year before it gets hot again). In the meantime do yall think there is anything to worry about running the Cobb stage 1 tune?
Only the first few times it starts it takes a touch longer but the ECU adjust quickly with step colder plugs I wouldn't go back now, we need every bit power up top and they help... and no, nothing to worry about, you can run Cobb Stage 2 safely 100% stock actually, especially since it's cooler now, it won't hurt anything, it just isn't the most efficient.