Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgrade to the Focus ST? Or WRX?

OP
sinister0079
Thread Starter #21
I'm in this dilemma right now as well. I need a bigger car with my 2nd child on the way. I don't like the idea of putting the rear facing on the passenger side of the car and with that said I got a 2 year old in a front facing Recaro(which takes up a lot of space). I'm leaning towards the WRX for the power, awd, and space. The biggest let down to me when it comes to the focus st is the interior volume is garbage. It is only about 4 cubic feet bigger than the FIST. The WRX is 10 cubic feet bigger than our cars. That passenger volume is the determining factor for me, plus I can fit a full size stroller in the trunk, which I had trouble fitting a damn umbrella stroller in the back of the FIST.
What? The Focus only has that little space? hmmm gotta think more now. I'm in negotiations with a ford dealer on a Focus ST. With my FiST I can fit four 5 gallon water jugs so space is ok, just need more space in the back seat for my kids.

Focus St, maybe 1 year old, WRX ehhh...... too many, unless you get the Fa20 motor I wouldnt consider it
All wrx's of the current gen come with the fa20.

The problem for me with the fusion sport, is that it doesn't come in stick. The only cars that come in stick in the mid-size category is the Mazda6, Accord, and VW CC. I wish the legacy still came stick.

All wrx's of the current gen come with the fa20.

The problem for me with the fusion sport, is that it doesn't come in stick. The only cars that come in stick in the mid-size category is the Mazda6, Accord, and VW CC. I wish the legacy still came stick.
Except STi, rigjt? That is old school 2.5

2016 WRXs will have the highest resale value out of all the WRXs to date.
I bought my 2014 Fist MO paint, partial leather Recaros with orange cloth, Rado painted wheels and 14,000 miles. Every option for 18,300. I can put 4,000 in it and have a pretty solid rocket, great gas mileage and $315 a month..... And I dont see "myself" at every stoplight.

I bought my 2014 Fist MO paint, partial leather Recaros with orange cloth, Rado painted wheels and 14,000 miles. Every option for 18,300. I can put 4,000 in it and have a pretty solid rocket, great gas mileage and $315 a month..... And I dont see "myself" at every stoplight.
My point being especially now with RS coming you can get Focus STs at stupid prices.

[MENTION=3341]sinister0079[/MENTION] have you tried putting your three kids in the back or however you plan to haul em? I tested out the rear interior of the focus ST vs the fiesta st because at the time we had a baby on the way, and while the focus ST rear seat room is larger, it is definitely not by much. For how much bigger it looks, I was not impressed with the interior room. Might want to double check that is all im saying.
[MENTION=2320]mouse[/MENTION] , knowing you had kids, were you just trying to make the fiesta st work? I bought my fiesta knowing full well I would end up with two little ones in the back. I'm fortunate that it's not the sole car of my family, so I don't have to worry about big trips in it. If I did, I definitely would have considered a larger car more seriously. At the time, I liked the idea of the WRX, but I don't need AWD nor the price tag for my daily ride. I was trying to stay 25k or less and like the idea of a hatchback vs sedan. If the fiesta ST ends up being too small someday for around town with two kids and a wife in the car..... I'd consider something more practical and just buy a Miata for weekend fun and track days.

[MENTION=3341]sinister0079[/MENTION] have you tried putting your three kids in the back or however you plan to haul em? I tested out the rear interior of the focus ST vs the fiesta st because at the time we had a baby on the way, and while the focus ST rear seat room is larger, it is definitely not by much. For how much bigger it looks, I was not impressed with the interior room. Might want to double check that is all im saying.
[MENTION=2320]mouse[/MENTION] , knowing you had kids, were you just trying to make the fiesta st work? I bought my fiesta knowing full well I would end up with two little ones in the back. I'm fortunate that it's not the sole car of my family, so I don't have to worry about big trips in it. If I did, I definitely would have considered a larger car more seriously. At the time, I liked the idea of the WRX, but I don't need AWD nor the price tag for my daily ride. I was trying to stay 25k or less and like the idea of a hatchback vs sedan. If the fiesta ST ends up being too small someday for around town with two kids and a wife in the car..... I'd consider something more practical and just buy a Miata for weekend fun and track days.
At the time we only had one kid and she was already old enough to be sitting front facing by the time I got the Fiesta ST. A couple of weeks ago, my wife tells me she's pregnant. My situation was as follows...My car(financed) is being used as the day to day do'er of everything. While my wife's car(leased current gen mazda6) is only used 5 days a week and on long trips. Reason for that is we're trying to keep the miles down on that car before returning it in March of next year. Which at that point we will be leasing the new CX9 for the same duties. I love the Fiesta and I've been autocrossing it monthly. But with all of that said, If I can't get the WRX to fit my needs I'm probably gonna jump up to the MT Accord Sport or MT Mazda6. I'm hoping the WRX will work cause I know I'm gonna miss the turbo.

OP
sinister0079
Thread Starter #32
Yeah the FiST is my side ride, My main car is a Toyota 4Runner and it fits everybody perfectly. When I bought the FiST I was looking for a fun car to commute to work and save some gas, But lately I have been taking the kids around with me more than I anticipated and would be nice to get something bigger. I can fit the 3 kids in the back fine it's just a little tight.

OP
sinister0079
Thread Starter #33
At the time we only had one kid and she was already old enough to be sitting front facing by the time I got the Fiesta ST. A couple of weeks ago, my wife tells me she's pregnant. My situation was as follows...My car(financed) is being used as the day to day do'er of everything. While my wife's car(leased current gen mazda6) is only used 5 days a week and on long trips. Reason for that is we're trying to keep the miles down on that car before returning it in March of next year. Which at that point we will be leasing the new CX9 for the same duties. I love the Fiesta and I've been autocrossing it monthly. But with all of that said, If I can't get the WRX to fit my needs I'm probably gonna jump up to the MT Accord Sport or MT Mazda6. I'm hoping the WRX will work cause I know I'm gonna miss the turbo.
You don't like trucks? Here on Maui you ain't cool unless you got Toyota Tacoma. I just wanted to be different.