Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

V_2's Green Machine

V_2

I've been holding off modding for a few months in order to get familiar with the platform and, honestly, several mods were done before I even bought the car. But modding is an addiction, So I figure it's about time to start one of these threads...

When I picked the car up, it had the following mods:
-Cobb OTS stage 3 tune
-2J Racing FMIC
-2J Racing catless downpipe
-Cobb intake
-2J Racing radiator
-Cobb RMM
-Cobb catback exhaust
-BC Racing coilovers 6K/4K
-Wilwood front BBK
-18x7.5" Sparco Assetto Gara wheels
-CF hood
-Front splitter

How it looked when I drove it home in November
st_1.jpg

The only mods I added so far were mainly functionally cosmetic:
-RokBlokz mudflaps to protect the paint
-Boomba wing risers to improve view out of rear window
-2J Racing cowl intake
-Replaced the 18" Sparcos with their 16" counterparts. 205/45/16 BF Goodrich sport comp-2 tires, added 10mm spacers all around to fill in previous fender work.
-Added Depo boost/oil temp/oil pressure gauges to the custom pod that was in the car
20151227_180813 (1).jpg

Most recent pic I have (From February, I am terrible at taking up to date pics [biggrin])
20160220_100326.jpg

WHAT'S TO COME:
Well, hopefully this is going on tomorrow. DHM gt290r quick spool setup.
rps20160513_170851.jpg

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Is this 2j's old FiST?

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #5
Thanks! It was kind of funny because I had been down to 2J a few times the past couple of years and always drooled over it. Then things came up to where I had to get rid of my Nissan, I was browsing craigslist, saw the FiST for sale, called Joe up, and was test driving it a couple weeks later. I'd usually be hesitant to buy a car I know has been modded and raced, but having a previous relationship with Joe, I didn't worry too much. I know he takes care of his stuff.

Car looks awesome with the 16" Sparco Assetto Gara wheels on it V_2!!! I always wondered if they would clear the Wilwood BBK and now I know! Looks like you are making a nice build even better, it should be an animal with the quick spool kit.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #7
Car looks awesome with the 16" Sparco Assetto Gara wheels on it V_2!!! I always wondered if they would clear the Wilwood BBK and now I know! Looks like you are making a nice build even better, it should be an animal with the quick spool kit.
Thanks!

The only issue I had with the 16's was where the balance weights were installed at first (clearance is very close!). They would rub slightly on the calipers when placed on the outside half of the wheel. But was easy enough to take them to discount tire and have them move the weights to the inside of the wheels.

MPA

nie car, that green is my 2nd favorite FiST color next to Molten Orange.

They need to mass produce that gauge holder - that's where I want my boost gauge!

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #9
The gauge pod definitely is not for everyone. I modified it to fit 60mm gauges and from my POV I can't see the tach below 1k RPM and the speedometer above ~130 mph. Doesn't bother me at all and no interference with the ignition button.

MPA

That'd be fine with me - if it's idling, I don't care what the tach reads, and I'm not going over 130 lol

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #12
It was really easy actually. Took me a couple of hours taking my sweet time.

twolf

I live in North Georgia, I believe you're the closest DHM Quickspool kit to me. Do you think we could meet up at some point and you could give me a ride? I'm really hesitant to drop so much cash without feeling it myself first. :)

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #15
I live in North Georgia, I believe you're the closest DHM Quickspool kit to me. Do you think we could meet up at some point and you could give me a ride? I'm really hesitant to drop so much cash without feeling it myself first. :)
Sure, don't mind at all. I should be at the ecoboost meet at deals gap in September. Maybe we can meet up then.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #16
Only had 3 hours to work on the car tonight. So I managed to remove the stock turbo and install the DHM manifold.

Need to get done tomorrow so I can get to work Monday.

Dang, I wanted to go test drive that Fiesta! Wanted to see how it felt with those coilovers :) My wife and I hear Joe's shop running on the daily, our house is just behind that warehouse area. Really funny how I got a Fiesta ST and then I discover that Joe's shop is literally within walking distance. Some of his cars are very, very loud

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #18
Haha, I apologize then. My nissan was definitely one of the loudest cars to go through those doors.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #19
Went for an alignment Saturday. Caught the tech calling his buddies over to check out the engine bay while I was waiting on my brother to pick me up for lunch, haha.

20160521_121146.jpg

Got the DHM kit installed over the weekend! Unfortunately, I cooked the upstream o2 sensor when trying to remove it from the 2J downpipe. That sucker was basically welded in from exhaust heat and lack of anti-seize. I tried penetrating oil for 24 hours, a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF for 12 hours. Only thing that broke it loose was lots of heat.

Nobody local has the part, so I had to order from rockauto. Hoping to have it in hand Thursday.

Until then, I have to baby the car. [bawling]

Went for an alignment Saturday. Caught the tech calling his buddies over to check out the engine bay while I was waiting on my brother to pick me up for lunch, haha.

View attachment 10082

Got the DHM kit installed over the weekend! Unfortunately, I cooked the upstream o2 sensor when trying to remove it from the 2J downpipe. That sucker was basically welded in from exhaust heat and lack of anti-seize. I tried penetrating oil for 24 hours, a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF for 12 hours. Only thing that broke it loose was lots of heat.

Nobody local has the part, so I had to order from rockauto. Hoping to have it in hand Thursday.

Until then, I have to baby the car. [bawling]
Awesome, waiting on the intercooler logs with the new turbo