Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vega spoiler extension

Hey guys, first of all love the extension. Think it gives the car a fierce look along with the other vega items(I have the full aero kit, great quality and great service). My question is, anyone with the extension notice it hang a little bit to much on the end of the spoiler? I think my 3m tape didnt adhere correctly. Just wondering if someone else had a better way to brace it to the rear wing.

Mine flaps like a bird in the wind. Been thinking of similar solutions to fix this.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

OP
carnufex
Thread Starter #3
It just seems like it puts a lot of torque on the flimsy part of the wing. I was thinking of maybe filling the wing with foam insulation to make it more rigid but figured Id ask if anyone else has done anything.

I've seen at leat one guy with a FoST that used splitter rods mounted to the top of the wing to the extention bit didn't really want to drill into the top of the wing.

Aside from that, I have been debating on buying a sheet of carbon in the same thickness and replacing the aluminum to see if it's the metal that is flexing.

Your idea is interesting as well as I hadn't thought about the flexing of the plastic as being the cause, even thought that makes a lot more sense.

Tough to say since it's hard to troubleshoot when you're in the driver's seat going highways speeds when it starts flapping. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a definite solution.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

OP
carnufex
Thread Starter #5
The splitter rods make sense, would hate to drill into the top for the same reason though. Hopefully some god will make a suggestion.

OP
carnufex
Thread Starter #6
FYI I just used JB weld plastic bonder after I sanded both peices. Its on their rock solid and I dont think it is coming off unless the wing breaks. Might not be the best if you want to remove it.