Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Very loud clicking noise at startup

StOfAkina

Hey Guys!
So, I have a 2014 Fiesta ST. I have no idea what might be causing this insanely loud buzzing/clicking thing to happen, but every time I start the car, after about 15 seconds, it does this super loud buzzing. I was able to record it so you guys can watch the video and see what I mean.
It doesn’t seem to be mechanically related at all, at least, the car idles perfectly even when it’s buzzing. I know in some cars, if there is a weird buzzing or electrical issue, the car can kind of jug at start up, until it goes away (like with squeeling accessory belts). I was thinking maybe it’s audio related? I honestly cannot tell if it’s coming from the speakers, or the dashboard, it’s just that raw and loud.
What do you guys think it could be? Is this a common issue? It doesn’t ever come back after the first initial buzzing, until you start the car again. Car runs great, low miles. Any help would be great!

Attachments

Huh. From your description I assumed the video would be of another blend door actuator failure, but that's a buzz more than a pop-pop-pop of a typical actuator failure. It could be audio related, but we don't have speakers in the dash or A pillar.

Could you try starting the car with the door open to see if that helps you figure out where the sound is coming from?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
That sounds like the Mode Door actuator. I just had to replace one. Unlike the blend door, which click, it makes the kind of noise in your video.
  • SKU: BE8Z19E616B
  • Other Names: Motor, Motor Assembly
  • Description:
    2014-19, # 3. 2011-13, mode door.
  • Notes: PARTS: Part included with AC & heater assembly.
  • Sold In Quantity: 1

OP
S

StOfAkina

Thread Starter #5
That sounds like the Mode Door actuator. I just had to replace one. Unlike the blend door, which click, it makes the kind of noise in your video.
  • SKU: BE8Z19E616B
  • Other Names: Motor, Motor Assembly
  • Description:
    2014-19, # 3. 2011-13, mode door.
  • Notes: PARTS: Part included with AC & heater assembly.
  • Sold In Quantity: 1
Sounds like you had an issue very similar to mine. I will replace that and update you if it worked. Thanks a ton!