Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vid: Best way to spend $1000 on FiST mods

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
The best first mod is always the driver with some high performance driver training. It will serve you for a lifetime and you can use it in whatever vehicle you drive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brianmc27

Great video! Although you've gone and cost me more money.

What is the general consensus on the PowerFlex motor mount and transmission mount inserts? Street or race for DD?

Here in shitsvile (Australia) it costs like $850 just for the accessport. That's Australian dollars.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Great advice from CarGuy! I always find the limits of my new steed as soon as I get behind the wheel. Do the Octane Academy as well. It will give you a lot more confidence when driving the car! By the way, the Academy is free, take advantage of it if you can!

Whenever this question comes up, I always start with tires. There's nothing that can make as much of a dramatic effect on a car's handling than the one thing that touches the road. After that, it's usually minor suspension and alignment stuff.

Of course, it all depends on what the goals are. If people just want more power, then sure, tires can be ignored for the first $1000... but I'd try to fit an intercooler in there. I've only owned my FiST for a day, but I've seen more than a handful of FiSTs at HPDEs complaining about heatsoak after one lap, and sometimes even before the first lap is over.

SrsBsns

Great video! Although you've gone and cost me more money.

What is the general consensus on the PowerFlex motor mount and transmission mount inserts? Street or race for DD?
I have the race inserts on my DD. They make the car buzz. Definitely added NVH but did make a difference in the way the car feels. Turn in and steering are super crisp.

If I had to do it over, I would probably consider the street inserts, but the race ones are fine if you're OK with a little buzzing at idle.

Brianmc27

I have the race inserts on my DD. They make the car buzz. Definitely added NVH but did make a difference in the way the car feels. Turn in and steering are super crisp.

If I had to do it over, I would probably consider the street inserts, but the race ones are fine if you're OK with a little buzzing at idle.
Thanks for the input!

I installed the street ones at the same time as my E30 tune, and even with 300 lb-ft of torque, there’s pretty much zero torque steer.

SrsBsns

Thanks for the input!

I installed the street ones at the same time as my E30 tune, and even with 300 lb-ft of torque, there’s pretty much zero torque steer.
How do you like the street ones? Did they make a noticeable difference?

CSM

1000 Post Club
Great video. This should be listed on all the forums, FB groups, and reddit groups as an FAQ, couldn't agree more with how you're spending the $1,000