Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VMS Racing Superhawk

Considering these wheels from Whoosh as my race setup, I'm also looking at the RPF1 16x8 from Oakos. Really looking to see if anyone has any experience with these VMS wheels on clearances and durability. The price and fitment looks very appealing to me. Plan would be to run probably 215/45, I have mountune springs currently, plan is coils in the future.

Attachments

ronmcdon

I guess the benefit of running those might be you are more likely to use them without needing spacer for a bbk, given the 35 offset. Not sure if half an inch would make a lot of difference compared to your existing wheel.

I have the rpf1 16x8 +38. So far no rubbing at all w 205/50 z3 tires. Will take a risk and go with 225 next and get flares just in case. have coils w/ close to oem ride height.

you'd probably get more bang for your buck with going with a set of coilovers w/ linear spring setup for track driving. oem (3k f / 2.5k r, iirc) is really very soft and a lot of spring rates from lowering springs are not too far off stock

I'm new to the FiST world and I bought a 16" model that came with Fifteen52 TurboMac wheels and Indy 500 tires. I love the tires, but want to get a lightweight wheel and I think I want to go 16" so I can get a bit more tire height and wheel protection(thinking 205 or 215/50/16) Would there be any negatives to running these on the street?

Would there be any negatives to running these on the street?
I don't know anything about this brand so I can't say anything about their strength/durability but these are probably fine to run on the street.

If you're looking to go down to 16"s though you should consider the Konig Dekagrams. Dekas are a little lighter than these Superhawks (14.54lbs vs 15lbs) and a little wider too (8" vs 7.5").

Maybe I'm biased cuz I have them but I think they're better looking too lol

There's an entire thread on them with pictures here.

ronmcdon

agreed with the dekagrams. think that and the oakos special 16x8 rpf1's are the 2 best current choices. braid wheels are great too but can get super expensive. design is also less polarizing. I have 16x8 rpf1 wheels and 205/50 tire and have no issues on the street. Stretch is not as bad as the numbers might suggest.

the vms +35 offset might effect some turn in, but not sure it'd be enough to notice.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^I am using 205/50-16 Neo Gens on the Dekagrams, and amazingly enough, those tires must have a ridiculously wide SECTION width, since they actually appear to be a bit 'sucked in' at the bead, on those wheels.

So does ANYONE have pics of these wheels on the Fiesta ST? I can't find a pic anywhere. Also does anyone know what casting method they use to make these? I'm guessing by the price they're gravity cast