Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vudu Boost Pipes Quick Look

As a part of operation stage 2 I have bought an intercooler and thought to upgrade the pipework also from the stock plastic restrictive units.
I went with the Vudu kit from AET Motorsports. Take a look at what comes in the kit before it gets installed and hidden away.

View: https://youtu.be/6-asQBpaKr8
Thank you for posting this. By chance do you plan to make some Vdyno measurements before and after the pipe replacements? Although I am guilty as charged (by replacing the smallest of the factory pipe work, the J pipe), I'm pretty sure the Mountune SS unit I put on is nothing but eye candy....I knew this going in, but the aesthetics were too good to pass up :)

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #5
Too bad there is no meth bung.
I looked at the Whoosh pipes with the meth bung but have zero plans to run water meth injection so went for this.

Thank you for posting this. By chance do you plan to make some Vdyno measurements before and after the pipe replacements? Although I am guilty as charged (by replacing the smallest of the factory pipe work, the J pipe), I'm pretty sure the Mountune SS unit I put on is nothing but eye candy....I knew this going in, but the aesthetics were too good to pass up :)
No. Dyno's are fairly far away and not all that cheap just for a power run. If a dyno day comes up in future I will buy a spot but it will only be to see what my car is running like afr wise etc and see how it stands up power wise against other similarly modified cars on the day.

Can't go wrong with wrinkle black and crisp branding. The powder coat matches the Whoosh short ram intake too.

I meant VDyno (the "simulated dyno") that so many of us use here. I was skeptical, but honestly it has proven consistent on my end as long as I normalize the variables. The absolute values may not be 100% certain, but consistency and checking for deltas appears to be. I have taken the approach that, on this car, if there is not a measurable gain from using a part, Im not using it!*

My conclusion thus far (with limited FiST experience of course), if that on a stock turbo an IC is the only thing that provides a measurable gain in power (along with the tune of course). Anything else I might do will be the so called "eye candy".

*OK....I lied already. I did add that Mountune J pipe :) Otherwise, Im keeping my car a "mods that make no difference free zone".

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #7
I meant VDyno (the "simulated dyno") that so many of us use here. I was skeptical, but honestly it has proven consistent on my end as long as I normalize the variables. The absolute values may not be 100% certain, but consistency and checking for deltas appears to be. I have taken the approach that, on this car, if there is not a measurable gain from using a part, Im not using it!*

My conclusion thus far (with limited FiST experience of course), if that on a stock turbo an IC is the only thing that provides a measurable gain in power (along with the tune of course). Anything else I might do will be the so called "eye candy".

*OK....I lied already. I did add that Mountune J pipe :) Otherwise, Im keeping my car a "mods that make no difference free zone".
If I am honest I have never heard of vdyno.

Some changes on these cars are more about reducing reducing restriction and unneccessary heat so by increasing pipe diamater (without going too big) especially on the downpipe and charge pipes (with any sort of remap) I see it as helping the car make its power more efficiently. The Vudu pipes are only 63mm qnd remove the silencer so it isn't like jumping to a 75mm (3 inch) charge pipe just because. With the DP it will (should) help keep any restriction further away from the turbine housing. That has been my view of my last 2 things.

An intercooler won't "make power", but will help you make your targeted power more consistently so if you can aid that again with less restricted intake, charge pipes and exhaust then you are already to a point lowering engine bay temps and intake temps and helping the intercooler do a better job.
Sorry for the long post.