Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Watching this sure has me wound up and thinking expensive thoughts, flame spitting STf for me???

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am going to really work on myself to not do this but damn tempting..........if not for being retired, selling off everything and going full time RVing, I would probably do it as I have already built a few cars a bit over the top.

I would stay with a manual trans and FWD as the cost of a fully built race AWD is insanely costly.

Full tilt rally ST's, likely posted before but I did not find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhBfFRkuqVE

I will just have to go watch a car like this instead when I get a chance.

Rick

LT Berzerker

Catless dp with resonator only and a fuel cut launch control might give you a little spark :) I really want the fuel cut launch control, but unfortunately the plain AP OTS don't have it, only rpm...booo

Hmm, catless straightpipe would do it...but then I have to worry about emissions where I am...
I got the straight pipes.. just need to go catless. Cant wait to pop some flames. Idk if ima upgrade to a full 3 inch exhaust with a single tip like the rally cars or if ill leave it how it is stock looking.

wait...so what you're saying is...if I go catless, I get flames? If this is the case...why has no one told me yet!? Screw the suspension upgrade, I'm going catless! the springs can wait!

My cat less downpipe and stock exhaust will shoot flames on certain downshifts on hot days. Cold not so much. I get these miny pops but no real fire. I'll see if I can get a video of it one of these days

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I have considered with tuning if safe or a tiny injector programed to spit flames out the pipe, I love seeing that so much:):)

In the old days of 10 years ago or so, on a MAF sensor car, you can just vent to atmosphere with a BOV. Every shift will make you go rich and pop a flame if you're catless. Not the best for driveability though.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Cool picture!

I much prefer recirc BOV and WG into the exhaust, stealthy has always been my preference among other issues doing so.

I am pretty happy with it as is but will see how the turbo change effects things when fully tuned. It crackles and pops nicely when letting off the accelerator and when downshifting but just for a bit which is probably due to the throttle lag tuned in by Ford. I have found if I just barely touch the throttle it will continue doing so the whole time I am coasting which I do for fun on occasion:) The bumper cover is starting to show the effects a bit though so I might have to make shield for it.

Running Atp catless downpipe with a MBRP pro series 3" exhaust and I shoot louddd pops. I've been told by a couple people that a fireball came out. :p

Young L

seen this video before, what I obsess over is that glow you can see in the tailpipe.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I am going to have to cut out the rather burnt looking area of the rear bumper cover and make a heat shield before long:)

I am going to have to cut out the rather burnt looking area of the rear bumper cover and make a heat shield before long:)
Lol...I'm already there. I ran catless for about 3 weeks before taking it back off and welding in a cat.

it's quieter this way. 3" straight through exhaust gets kinda loud.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
That is far more serious than mine but I have an oval single tip on the exhaust I built and it is around 3/4" below the plastic bits so only a bit singed at this point.

haste

1000 Post Club
Flames are easy with catless. [:p]

[video=youtube;YT4GVKWqJMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT4GVKWqJMw[/video]

Lol...I'm already there. I ran catless for about 3 weeks before taking it back off and welding in a cat.

it's quieter this way. 3" straight through exhaust gets kinda loud.
What exhaust is this? It seems like it doesn't stick out from the bumper far

Custom 3" stainless. It sits back about an inch. The thought of flames didn't even cross my mind when I built it. It does sit a bit higher than I wanted at first, but I re did the hanger in the rear and it sits where it should now. The only thing I can't correct is it drops to the left a bit, but I notice it on almost all exhausts.