Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Water Methanol injection kits, who do we like and who sells them

Back in the early 90's had an Edelbrock water vapor injection system in my Monte Carlo SS and it worked quite well to reduce knock while towing. Actually still have the controller installed in the car but the pump died many years ago and a GMPP HT 383 and Nascar sized radiator solved the knock issues of the original 305.

I've been thinking about getting a Meth kit specifically to provide some valve cleaning and provide a bit ofa boost in power. Did a google search and found AEM kits selling for either 95 dollars or 380+ dollars. With that level of disparity in price I suspect that some of those lowball offers are scams. Also see the Snow kits at prices pretty equivalent to the high AIM price range. As for placement of the injection nozzle I'm thinking that drilling and tapping the Boomba Symposer Delete plug would be an easy solution.

Anyhow, is my plan for nozzle placement feasible and who is a source for a kit that we trust. Really wish Boomba sold these kits but had no luck finding one on the Boomba site. Note, my google fu aint great.

OP
scooter123
Thread Starter #4
Did a bit of poking around and found it under Engine. Question for Ron at Whoosh. IS my plan to use the Symposer port for the water/Meth injection a good idea or a bad idea. Don't know enough about the sensor setup on this engine to have even a clue. I'll admit it, I'm looking for an easy to install setup. Pulling the Symposer is about as easy a method to add the injection as I've been able to com up with. If it's essential to add the injector after the throttle body I'll put in the time to add a spacer with ports for that function.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Did a bit of poking around and found it under Engine. Question for Ron at Whoosh. IS my plan to use the Symposer port for the water/Meth injection a good idea or a bad idea. Don't know enough about the sensor setup on this engine to have even a clue. I'll admit it, I'm looking for an easy to install setup. Pulling the Symposer is about as easy a method to add the injection as I've been able to com up with. If it's essential to add the injector after the throttle body I'll put in the time to add a spacer with ports for that function.
Not sure how you will use the symposer port for WMI
Ideally I'd use the cp-e meth charge pipe or whoosh cold side intercooler pipe which removes the symposer port and adds a 1/8" NPT fitting for WMI purposes '
another option is a throttle body spacer with 1/8" NPT port

Erick_V

I have to agree with Ron on this one. Seems like more trouble than it’s worth to get the symposer to work. Only other thing I could see is you maybe tapping and drilling into the OEM piece but if I remember correctly the OEM piece isn’t that thick to begin with. And if it doesn’t work then you have to replace the pipe anyways. I had the same thoughts running through my head and it’s exactly why I’m buying the whoosh cold pipe soonish. I have the option of easily hooking up meth when I decide to.

OP
scooter123
Thread Starter #8
I don't plan on keeping the symposer, I plan on using the manifold hose port for the symposer. Take the Woosh symposer eliminator plug, drill it thru and tap for a 1/8-27 NPT pipe thread, install into a short piece of hose of the correct diameter, tighten the hose clamps and you have the water/meth nozzle installed. Basically it's a twofer, you get rid of that annoying symposer and use that port to install the water/meth nozzle. As for the symposer, that will go into the stack where I'm storing the OEM radiator, exhaust, airbox, intercooler, 17" wheels and tires, and all the hoses for the stock intercooler and intercooler itself.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't plan on keeping the symposer, I plan on using the manifold hose port for the symposer. Take the Woosh symposer eliminator plug, drill it thru and tap for a 1/8-27 NPT pipe thread, install into a short piece of hose of the correct diameter, tighten the hose clamps and you have the water/meth nozzle installed. Basically it's a twofer, you get rid of that annoying symposer and use that port to install the water/meth nozzle. As for the symposer, that will go into the stack where I'm storing the OEM radiator, exhaust, airbox, intercooler, 17" wheels and tires, and all the hoses for the stock intercooler and intercooler itself.
something about injecting it 2-3" or so above the actual airflow of the pipe bothers me. You leave room for it to pool up and be pushed back by boost before it gets sucked into the throttle body. You also have clamps that COULD fail under boost and pop the piece out, spraying highly flammable methanol into your hot engine bay. I would just spend the money and get the correct charge pipe, or the throttle body plate.

OP
scooter123
Thread Starter #10
What I'm worried about with the Throttle body plate is the wiring harness. I've already discovered that those who designed these wiring harnesses never ever heard of a "service loop". So, if I add a 3/4 inch plate am I going to discover that the wiring harness is 1/8 inch too short?