Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wave Back!!

Took a road trip for the holiday and along the way I passed 2 Fiesta ST's and 1 Focus ST. I don't see a lot of them but when I do it's funny how I quickly I recognize exactly what they are. You can just tell by the grill that an ST is coming at you from a mile away! Out of the blue I just decided to start waving at them (just like the motorcycle riders do). The Focus guy waved back....the 2 Fiesta guys were trying to figure out who the idiot was that waved at them for no reason. I'm a nerd I guess but what the hell! If any of you guys ever travel to Western, NY and some wierdo in a Metallic FiST waves at you, don't feel dumb....just wave back.

Spork1569

I feel you man, there's been a few in my area I've seen that probably just think I'm a weirdo for trying to wave, dang motorcycle habits.

Although I did get a hang loose once from a white Fist in my hometown so that kind of made up for all the other one sided waves.

Jerickson88

Lol I tried to strike up a convo with a 50 year old lady at a gas station. She had an orange one with recaros and sunroof. She had no idea what she had. Basically said she wanted a manual trans and a cool looking little car with all the options that she could afford.

Alabama doesn't have much of a market for these cars apparently. Most people are satisfied with their hoopdees. I am guessing thiss is because we have no state inspections, so people dont replace cars as often.

Lol I tried to strike up a convo with a 50 year old lady at a gas station. She had an orange one with recaros and sunroof. She had no idea what she had. Basically said she wanted a manual trans and a cool looking little car with all the options that she could afford.

Alabama doesn't have much of a market for these cars apparently. Most people are satisfied with their hoopdees. I am guessing thiss is because we have no state inspections, so people dont replace cars as often.

So far I think I'm the only St up here in the Northeast part of Alabama.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I usually wave...but with one finger! Out the sunroof as I blow by the FiSTs with Stockers!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Sadly, despite this car being available exclusively with a manual gearbox, I wonder if all that many enthusiasts are the majority buying most of (the few that exist) them. [:(]
I almost never get a wave, or thumbs up back from the few I've seen on the road, and acknowledged, so I just gave up doing anything at all.
I don't even bother with the FoSTs, or FoRSes, since they NEVER respond, ever.
We forum members must be like .00001% of ALL of the (very few) North American owners/drivers out there.

SrsBsns

I've had a few FiST or FoST's wave back. But most of the time, people in them are oblivious. I wonder why they have the ST.

I hardly ever do any kind of acknowledgement if I'm driving because I get my windows tinted and nobody would see me waving back. And if I flash my lights at someone its usually to warn them of a fuzz lurking around.

I always wave to other STs.. found the Focus owners wave back while the Fiestas are oblivious or theyā€™re too busy trying to race everything in sight to notice

It's easy for us to assume that most FiST/FoST drivers are enthusiasts but my experience would indicate otherwise. It's not like we're driving an Elise here, or some other car that demands so much sacrifice that it filters out anyone who isn't a die hard enthusiast. I stopped bothering with FoSTs but I'll still wave at FiSTs. There are so few in my area that most of the time they actually are enthusiasts.

SrsBsns

It's easy for us to assume that most FiST/FoST drivers are enthusiasts but my experience would indicate otherwise. It's not like we're driving an Elise here, or some other car that demands so much sacrifice that it filters out anyone who isn't a die hard enthusiast. I stopped bothering with FoSTs but I'll still wave at FiSTs. There are so few in my area that most of the time they actually are enthusiasts.
But it's a strange selection for a non-enthusiast. Right?
If I were going to spend money on a grocery-getter without any sort of mindset towards performance, I'd look at a C-Max or non-ST Focus/Fiesta, or something like a Prius. Mazda 3's are cheap and are nice too. The ride is much better than the FiST and it probably has more room.
I never understood why a non-car-person would ever consider something like the ST unless they were upsold by a dealer.

But it's a strange selection for a non-enthusiast. Right?
If I were going to spend money on a grocery-getter without any sort of mindset towards performance, I'd look at a C-Max or non-ST Focus/Fiesta, or something like a Prius. Mazda 3's are cheap and are nice too. The ride is much better than the FiST and it probably has more room.
I never understood why a non-car-person would ever consider something like the ST unless they were upsold by a dealer.
I think the upselling is a big factor. People select their cars for all sorts of silly reasons. I wouldn't at all be surprised if someone just preferred the looks/interior/whatever of the Focus and go the ST because MOAR POWA!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Fiesta guys usually acknowledge.

FoST guys look the car over- some smile and wave but others just keep moving.

FoRS guys always look (enthusiasts after all) and wave/gesture.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I try to wave whenever I see an ST/RS. Its still cold here some days so the windows down, arms out season hasn't quite arrived. Hopefully the ST/RS guys our here wave back!