Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

We are ready to upgrade, please help..

P Miladd

We are looking for things that we hope the community can help us with.
  • Stronger wheel studs
  • Rear anti roll bar/sway bars
  • Tow hooks and how to install
  • Tow straps
  • Fire extinguisher and direct fit mount
  • Rear motor mount upgrade
  • RPM matching down shifts electronic control
If you can help us with any of these topics, please, please let us know. I don't have access to a computer regularly, but will check when I can at the library (now that it is open, YEA!!) Am I allowed to give my home phone # to hear from people that way? Thank you, very, very much. P.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Stronger wheels studs - H&R studs
Rear sway - don't bother
Tow hook and how to install - that's complicated, search for info but it's all custom
Fire extinguisher - buy whatever
RMM - Whoosh street spec
RPM matching downshift - no off the shelf solution, would need standalone ECU or custom design a solution. Not worth it. Buy a pedal spacer and practice heel toe.

If you are leaning towards tracking the car, look for a Mishimoto or Mountune radiator. The one and only weak spot to tracking a stock car.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Stronger wheels studs - H&R studs
Rear sway - don't bother
Tow hook and how to install - that's complicated, search for info but it's all custom
Fire extinguisher - buy whatever
RMM - Whoosh street spec
RPM matching downshift - no off the shelf solution, would need standalone ECU or custom design a solution. Not worth it. Buy a pedal spacer and practice heel toe.

If you are leaning towards tracking the car, look for a Mishimoto or Mountune radiator. The one and only weak spot to tracking a stock car.
If he is going to track it he should upgrade the intercooler the stock one will heatsoak inside of 4 or 5 laps max.,

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Also OP I noticed you are in VT, there is a local Facebook group, New England RST that is decent. Sounds like you might not be online much though. A few locals frequent the track days around here, I'll be at NHMS a couple times in August if you wanted to come by and chat!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also, you are not that far from Newry, Maine, which is the headquarters (at the main Sunday River ski slope lodge) for the New England Forest Rally the last weekend in July.

I will be there if you want to discuss mods, and also see the most developed, (and basically quickest) iterations of our cars (save for the wheel to wheel World Rallycross cars) which will be competing there.
There will even be a WRC spec Fiesta competing in this year's event. [raceflag]

I would not give out your home number. If there is someone specific you'd like to connect with you can Private Message them and potentially work something out to speak verbally.

Pierce Motorsports does front tow hook. Or you can look at doing something custom if you know how to weld or know a welder.

Go to Whoosh Motorsports site. Ron carries most of everything that you'd need and want for the Fiesta, including motor mounts.

There is no software for rev matching. Get a pedal spacer. $10 off Etsy or eBay. They work great to raise the pedal making heel/toe an easier reach.

What's your use for the car? That will determine not only what mods are likely necessary but also order of priority.

ronmcdon

I've got the pierce motorsport front tow hook kit. Works really well although not as flashy looking. It does require more work with the install but feels very sturdy.
don't recommend doing a track event without tow hook or strap. this happened to me when my throw out bearing took a crap on me in the middle of a hdpe run. my lca's were used to tow the car back haha.
may be a bit paranoid but usually prefer tow hook to straps. Straps scare me unless it's a cosmetic mod.

with the other stuff, have no real idea sorry.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsX_Hy8c4xQ&ab_channel=WorthamsGarage

Last edited: