Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird Push Botton Start Issue

I've got this weird issue with the order in which I have to press my push button starter on my MK7 ST and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this and has a fix. In order to start my car I've got to get in, press the push button once, which boots up the touch screen, once it gets past the Ford logo I can then depress the clutch and hold down (but not simply tap) the push button start and the car will start.

When I initially got the car I would get in, depress the clutch, tap the push button start (but not hold down while the engine turns over) , and it would fire right up.

This all started after I had an interlock device removed from the vehicle. I plan on taking it to the dealership to have them fix it this coming week, but it'd be cool if this is a simple fix that someone on these forums has had some experience with.

Thanks for any advice offered.

When my ecu has been reset the electronics are a little wonky. Window auto roll up/down, push start, sync 3 not booting up. Should resolve in a few days

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately this issue has been going on for over a month. Hopefully the tech at the dealership is able to quickly isolate and fix it.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
Pretty sure it's not this as I can have the clutch pressed to the floor the first time I press the start button and it still won't turn over.

I have this same quirk in my 2016 FIST, Get in, foot on brake, push to have ACC on, then clutch and brake and hold the push button for 2 secs to start. If i just tap it the started cuts out before starting fully. BTW what interlock feature did you remove? I just got this so I'm not sure if PO did something. Thx

SteveS

1000 Post Club
You might consider contacting the interlock company and telling them of the problem and you want them to pay for fixing it.