Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird stutter

Cars only done 19k miles recently had it mapped stage 2 drives well powers great but noticed under hard acceleration between 3k and 4k revs theres a slight stutter for a second then it just keeps going all the way through the revs fine, the first time it happened it was pretty violent stutter then its not been as bad but still does it, anybody had this kinda issue before?

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are you running an e-tune w/ Cobb AP? If so I’d datalog and contact the tuner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think the Accessport is compatible with EU cars. But if he has a tuner he can talk to, I would definitely start with that.
@MJST20 did it occur immediately after getting tuned? Would it be possible for you to flash the ecu back to stock and see if it happens on a stock map?

Yeah I would think it’d be fuel/timing related, especially if it started after a flash.

OP
MJST20
Thread Starter #5
Yeah started after remap never had an issue before it, only happens once going up the range after and before the stutter its all good, nah it was mapped on a dyno by a local tuner with great reviews

Yeah it’s normal to have to go back to iron things out even with a good tuner. What’ll show he’s a good tuner is how he handles the situation. Definitely get back in touch.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't think the Accessport is compatible with EU cars. But if he has a tuner he can talk to, I would definitely start with that.
@MJST20 did it occur immediately after getting tuned? Would it be possible for you to flash the ecu back to stock and see if it happens on a stock map?
They also do not have easy access to E85 either on that side of the pond. [wink] [:(]