Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird Tachometer Dip on Acceleration in 5th and 6th gear

Elijah

I know it's not good to do any hard acceleration at low rpms on high gears, but I noticed this issue with my car at even moderate throttle in higher gears and I'm trying to figure out if it's an issue or if it's meant to do this? I can hear the turbo blowing off pressure when the revs dip back down even though my foot stays in the same position. It essentially only happens below 3k rpm, but I've gotten it to do it once or twice above that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fqn4elg61w6qb4/VID_20221221_120426.mp4?dl=0

Is your car tuned, any mods? I would start with checking the plugs/gap to see if they are old or the gap has opened, usually low engine speed/high boost conditions are the most load a cylinder is going to see. If it is getting spark blow out, the computer may go ahead and close the throttle.

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
Another thing to check for is slipping clutch. Does it smell like burnt clutch or brakes after the run?