Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WELP! I Need Help...Broken!!

So quick rundown...while installing my downpipe we snapped a bolt and stripped another. As my luck goes sometimes. So I decided to pull the exhaust manifold and turbo to have it drilled out by a friends machine shop.

Big problem is now when we went to break the first manifold bolt free, it basically twisted right out no effort involved. Because it was over torqued and already broken in the cylinder head. When I picked up the bolt to inspect it. It was covered in carbon and the nut is pretty much on a 10 degree angle. SO I have a feeling it was done upon assembly by Ford.

Besides all that. I now have to rebuild the top of the engine because I doubt its worth having the head milled out to fix that bolt while I also press the chance of breaking others as I still have to fix my Turbo housing so I can attach my new downpipe.

Does anyone know if a 2015 head is in anyway different because there is one I found and Im considering getting it. I love these cars of ours and Im only 4 days down and fucking stressed to the MAX.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help- Scott

If it were me, i would use a bunch of penetrating lubricant, let it sit for 20 min, then put on more and let it set again. Slowly try and remove the bolts starting from the outside working in. Don't fully loosen the nut as it will put more pressure one the others. Work your way to the middle and repeat a couple times and it should come off. Also, if you haven't removed your cowl then do so. It will make getting to the manifold much easier. Worst case scenario, the head can be re-threaded as long as there's space to do so. I wouldn't buy another head just yet.

Yes, 2015 has different heads. Ford has a recall because of a potential overheating and warping the head. I don't remember exactly which cylinder is affectd. Something about fluid not flowing well.