Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What "affordable fun" stable mate for your Fiesta do you have?

Now that used car prices are just starting to retreat, I'm looking for another fun weekender to compliment the ST. Keeping that little beast, just adding
something different that isn't necessary a daily, since I got that covered. Wondering what people own that they recommend. For me I'm looking rear wheel drive and on the smaller side, so would like to hear from those who own a Miata, Fiata, 370z, (it seems Brz's have now gotten out of hand), my budget is in the 15k range. I'm guessing
this thread is going to take a left turn sometime, so I won't mind if you post other types of cars you have and enjoy.

Erick_V

04 IS300, babysitting it for my friend thats stationed in Hawaii at the moment. Other than the sticky dash and MPG its a great car. Despite the anemic 2JZGE making ~180whp its great. Its comfy despite being on coils, can slide around when I want it to and is a generally reliable car. However, MPG is pretty bad. I average 20mpg just driving like a normal person and it uses 93 octane.

Really have been interested in a FoST for my next DD. Needs seats for some kiddos (eventually) and want a fun DD that's manual. Would do wheels, tires, coils and a couple exterior mods. I wouldn't be lying to myself when I say other than what I listed it would stay otherwise stock, at least till I'm done with nursing school lol

IMG_3085.jpg

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
A $1k 1992 jeep Cherokee XJ . . .
View attachment 52662
I actually just upgraded my tires to 31/10.5 mud terrains last night, I don't even have any pictures of them yet.
Ok, I now have a picture. It's not anything special, but it is some good cheap fun lol
IMG_20221119_104506686.jpg

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Ok, I now have a picture. It's not anything special, but it is some good cheap fun lol
View attachment 52669
That looks like a lot of fun, something you can thrash around in the woods and enjoy and not worry about.A friend and I used to have a really old VW convertible that we would drive around in the woods, that thing had incredible traction with the rear engine.At one point we tried to drive it through a big stream, and it died on the other side.We left it in the woods, walked out to the road, and hitchhiked home.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That looks like a lot of fun, something you can thrash around in the woods and enjoy and not worry about.A friend and I used to have a really old VW convertible that we would drive around in the woods, that thing had incredible traction with the rear engine.At one point we tried to drive it through a big stream, and it died on the other side.We left it in the woods, walked out to the road, and hitchhiked home.
That sounds like a great time! Yeah, I like cheap old vehicles a lot IMG_20221119_145214349.jpg

CSM

1000 Post Club
I have two stablemates:

2013 Scion FRS - I got this for a steal in 2019 and built it for SCCA Solo Spec Coupe Autocross (the only spec autocross class). I love the chassis, handling characteristics, and surprisingly, the practicality of the car. I can EASILY fit 4 wheels/tires + all my tools in the back of the car. And I think the ride quality, even with the SSC kit, isn't too bad. The only thing that stinks is the motor - it is a bit of a lump, that torque dip really is awful. Prices are coming down on first gen twins. If you are patient you can find clean examples of these. Keep in mind that the majority of 2013 model years have a valve spring recall that you might want to stay away from (if done improperly, engines seize).
PXL_20220709_212041026.jpg

2021 Miata Club Sport - Picked this one up last month. Not sure what I am going to do with it (either C Street or STR Autocross prep probably). Talk about a riot -Mazda really did an amazing job with the ND2 platform. The engine is very linear and loves to rev. The car is playful and a joy to drive on nice days, the short wheel base and light weight are great. If I have any complaint it's that the car is about as impractical as it gets, and I find the steering feel to be a little vague (my FRS has far better steering feel). But it is easily the most fun of the three cars I own.
PXL_20221110_210133140_2.jpg