Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What are odds my S280 clutch repair can get covered under warranty?

0? My clutch is sticking down and making grinding noises. There is some brake fluid leaking around the driver front brake line, but reservoir is pretty full. Bought the car used in May with a ToyotaCare full warranty on it like a dingus and I was just seeing if the repairs could get covered... at the time, the service manager said it would still get covered even though I bought it modded... yeah right.

Car has an S280, fmic, intake etc, granted I bought the car with a couple mods like intake and short shifter. Is it even worth taking it to the dealer or should I just go to a transmission shop so they can also put an LSD into it? I really want an LSD haha.

Just looking for advice on what to do, thanks!

If you have a good relationship with the dealer, you'd be surprised with what some of them can get away with. if you don't know them, chances are slim to none.

kevinatfms

Warranty will come with an inspection by a claims adjuster if its not in house of the dealer. The inspector will come and do a once over to see the broken part and ask why it failed, take pictures and leave. Unless the tech specifically tells the claims adjuster of the modifications or they check to see it it has aftermarket parts they usually wont say anything.

If you know the dealer well they can vouch for it being modded when sold and under warranty. But they dont want to have to fight the warranty company for payment if they can just void your policy. So having friends in the service department is your best bet.

Background: Ex-tech of Ford/Hyundai/Kia/Suzuki and did ALOT of warranty repairs.

My 2 cents - buy the MFactory LSD, OE or ST200 clutch kit and go to town. It'll be significantly better in the long run and you will put the power down from the S280 much better.

0? My clutch is sticking down and making grinding noises. There is some brake fluid leaking around the driver front brake line, but reservoir is pretty full. Bought the car used in May with a ToyotaCare full warranty on it like a dingus and I was just seeing if the repairs could get covered... at the time, the service manager said it would still get covered even though I bought it modded... yeah right.

Car has an S280, fmic, intake etc, granted I bought the car with a couple mods like intake and short shifter. Is it even worth taking it to the dealer or should I just go to a transmission shop so they can also put an LSD into it? I really want an LSD haha.

Just looking for advice on what to do, thanks!
To answer your question, your odds are good if the first thing the tech checks is the problem. Like if it's the master clutch cylinder that bit the dust and after taking it out it's clear that the part is bad, then you'll probably be good to go as long as it's clear that your warranty covers the damage. The dealership gets paid for the repair regardless so they won't ask more questions and they'll be covered when the insurer asks for documentation/proof.

If however it's not clear that your warranty covers it OR the first thing they check is not the reason your clutch pedal is failing, then your odds are not good. Maybe even pretty bad.