Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did I break (or wear out)?

Thanks in advance for reading. 2016, 66k miles and over 500 autocross runs and a couple track days. Driving home from an event, over the rain noise I noticed a hum/whir. Next time I took it out in the dry and definitely a whine (sounds like a drone took up residence under the hood). Only occurs above 30 mph, not gear (tired clutch in too at speed) or rpm dependent, does get a bit louder as you go faster; a little noise on harder right turns, or accelerating or on the brakes. Took it to a reasonable good tire shop figuring wheel bearing, cv joints, or axles. They said all that is fine and taking to the dealer or full service shop or transmission place. Any experiences with something similar, or thoughts?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks in advance for reading. 2016, 66k miles and over 500 autocross runs and a couple track days. Driving home from an event, over the rain noise I noticed a hum/whir. Next time I took it out in the dry and definitely a whine (sounds like a drone took up residence under the hood). Only occurs above 30 mph, not gear (tired clutch in too at speed) or rpm dependent, does get a bit louder as you go faster; a little noise on harder right turns, or accelerating or on the brakes. Took it to a reasonable good tire shop figuring wheel bearing, cv joints, or axles. They said all that is fine and taking to the dealer or full service shop or transmission place. Any experiences with something similar, or thoughts?
Carrier bearing in Passengerside Cv axle* or transmission differential side bearings worn / plastic cage that holds bearings is worn and coming apart. Hard to tell without actually driving it or hearing the noise in person.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk