Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

What did you do detail-related today?

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #141
FINALLY had enough time and energy to say F the heat and washed the RS yesterday. OMG the humidity was brutal!
I'm leaving for a work trip tomorrow so I will come back to a shiny car [thumb]

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Did a second coat of Reload today. This thing is really great at repelling dust.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #145
Not the RS, but picked up a detail job over the weekend...

Did a friend of a friend's 1992 MK2 GTI:

LOL- I like the RS looming in the background [rofl]

And I gave the Escape some love:

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #147
That MK2 looks flawless.
Sadly it's pretty rough. But I did the best I could. It just really needs a new paint job.

I did use a new AIO I just bought and I'm pretty impressed with it. Not sure on longevity yet.

Last edited:
OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #149
Great job [MENTION=132]GhostRS[/MENTION], have you tried any new products lately?
I have!
I just used Meguiars Ultimate Polishing Wax and love it. It's an AIO and has a pretty good cut to it.
Also is a great price point at $17.99? Can't beat that in my book.
Not sure of longevity yet to the protection part of it as I just used it but time will tell. I used it on that MK2 I just detailed. I plan on using it on the Escape for winter prep.

LonestarRS

I have!
I just used Meguiars Ultimate Polishing Wax and love it. It's an AIO and has a pretty good cut to it.
Also is a great price point at $17.99? Can't beat that in my book.
Not sure of longevity yet to the protection part of it as I just used it but time will tell. I used it on that MK2 I just detailed. I plan on using it on the Escape for winter prep.
Tried that before, its a good product but doesn't seem to last very long.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #153
Maybe I didn't apply it correctly or doesn't work well on my clear bra but it didn't seem to bead as well as Carpro Reload.
I was under the impression it's a new product... I think it's a new formula on D166.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
[MENTION=132]GhostRS[/MENTION] is that a one-stop application or do you need to apply anything else on top?

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #158
So I have another detail job this Saturday... 2017 2 door White JK Wrangler so this thing should take no time and be a piece of cake. I will post some pics from the job once I'm done.

LonestarRS

So I have another detail job this Saturday... 2017 2 door White JK Wrangler so this thing should take no time and be a piece of cake. I will post some pics from the job once I'm done.
They are in good hands. Wish you live closer so you can do mine.