Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What does Tire Pressure Monitor Fault mean?

I currently get a “Tire Pressure Monitor Fault” message on startup. I think this is different from a TPMS sensor not being detected but I’m not sure. Since getting the warning, I have since gotten new tires and new TPMS sensors. I have a TPMS-19 but when I get the car in TPMS learning mode, I don’t get a honk while placing near the sensor in the tire on the front driver side. Has anyone run into this?

the duke

Either the TMPS sensor has lost connection (Bad radio/receiver, bad battery) or it's damaged.
Mine can be finicky, Keep trying.

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
Ok. So there‘s no module in the car itself that communicates with the sensors that folks have had trouble with before?

the duke

I don't believe the issues lies typically with the module in the car itself. I believe it's usually the TMPS that causes the issue. These sensors are passive, and wait on a radio signal from the car to communicate with. If the system in the car is having issues, all of them would be losing connection, not a specific side.

The BCM is the module that communicates with the TPMS sensors. Assuming there aren't any related codes in the PCM, and the sensors are working properly, Ford's pinpoint diagnosis suggests to replace the BCM.

Had a bunch of issues getting things to sync on my Mustang so for this time around I just used Forscan to disable TPMS. I'd suggest looking into that route instead of swapping BCMs

I seemed to keep knocking the sensors loose inside the tire which would lead to the same situation when trying to re-learn. Also just disabled TPMS as a whole with Forscan and just run simple wheel and tire setups now.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Had a bunch of issues getting things to sync on my Mustang so for this time around I just used Forscan to disable TPMS. I'd suggest looking into that route instead of swapping BCMs
I need to do this, since NONE of my current wheel/tire setups have the sensors in them at all. [thumb]

I had a TPMS malfunction on my vehicle, and after the technicians tried numerous times to train the sensors, they ended up replacing my BCM and the light has been off for 250miles now. I'm glad that I bought a CPO because if that wouldn't have been covered, I would have had to look into this Forscan business.

its possible that not all sensors are operational most likely due to a dead battery. i work in auto parts and this is a likely issue - the experienced mechanics i know always attempt to read the new sensors before installation in case the sensors arrive with a dead battery

Sounds like 1 or more of the sensors is dead. Been there even on a brandnew set. Hopefully its just that and not the BCM.

dna4411

When the "Tire Pressure Monitor Fault" message pops up on your dashboard, it's signaling a hiccup in the system that keeps tabs on your tire pressure, possibly due to a sensor issue or a discrepancy in tire pressure itself. In my own experience, addressing this promptly has always been key. I make it a habit to check my tire pressure regularly, using a reliable gauge to ensure everything's in the green. If the message lingers even after adjusting the pressure, it's a strong hint that a professional lookover is needed. Ignoring this alert can compromise your safety on the road, so taking immediate action is always the best course.