Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What happens when you take your modified and tuned car to your dealership for service?

Going to take my car in (35k miles) and was curious what's going to happen when they see all my Cobb stage 3 bits and flashed tune. I don't have any warranty work or anything that needs done, just planning on getting the usual "The Works" package. Will they turn me away? Black flag me? Upcharge me? Curious to see everyone else's stories.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
If you're getting a routine oil change and service, they will do it and take your money. You might not be able to sit in the waiting room while you wait though. (That's totally unrelated to your modifications)

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
They should not do anything unusual.

I’ve never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I believe that they MUST inform the customer if they are going to do any re-flashes, or updates to the ECM, and are not allowed to just go ahead and do this on their own.
Besides, unless there is a TSB/recall, they want their $150-$200 for said re-flash. [wink]

Unless you are in for actual engine/ECM warranty claim work, they have no reason to scan the ECM and look for tunes with their re-flash counter. [nono]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
You are in for a oil change......the "tech" doing the oil change probably does not have a clue what a "flash" is much less tell if you have one.

Personally, I won't trust "the new guy" to do my oil changes any longer. Nor do I trust the "quickie" oil change places. Way to much sham up-selling from those fools.

2 reasons I will not do the dealer oil change thing again........

Reason #1.......drove out with oil light on in my Mustang GT. Made U turn and came back. "Tech" said you have to drive it for a while (10-20 minutes) for light to go out! I "inquired" forcefully if it would not be better if they simply put the drain plug back in and added oil since the expensive oil I supplied ran out as soon as they put it in without a drain plug!

Reason #2 .......got home from a Mazda dealer oil change, checked level and found the same dirty oil still in the car, they did not even change the oil. The flunkies they have changing oil are doing oil changes until they learn how to do them. Then they graduate to tires! My car is NOT a training tool!